Author Topic: PDOiler Mini  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
PDOiler Mini
« on: June 23, 2013, 13:24:23 »
The PDOiler ‘Mini’ is extremely straight forward to fit,the Reservoir, the Pump and the Wick are all separate parts which allows for a neat installation on all types of bike.

1. First Impressions/Unboxing Impressions

It's really small! That's meant as a positive statement, it is really easy to hide away anywhere on your Bike.

2. Initial Setup/Installation

The nice people at PDOiler sent me this kit to do a review and send them some feedback, some of my feedback was against the level of detail in the instructions. This has since been addressed and all subsequent kits have updated instructions.

Once you understand that the oil is distributed (wiped) to the chain by the chains natural movement against the Wick of the PDOiler whilst the bike is moving then the installation method becomes clear.

The Wick should be approx 25mm above the chain when the bike is on its stand. The Reservoir needs to be mostly upright and although the instructions show the Pump at a minimum of 15 degrees the designer tells me that in fact it will work at any angle. All in all the installation took about forty minutes and most of that time was making it pretty, the system goes together really easily, there is one 12v connection to make (ignition side) which I took from the rear light circuit on the V-Strom. The designer says that the Wick should look frayed after normal use

3. Real World Testing (how did it perform)

So far I have done about 1000 miles with the Oiler installed, I initially had the Controller set to maximum and this caused a bit of oil fling, it is now set to setting 3 and all is well.

4. Specs & Other noteworthy facts

PDOiler Site
The Reservoir it will hold 100ml of oil and will last 60 hours on maximum flow, I used Chain Oil because I had some in but you can use pretty much any Oil.

See the Members Benefits section for a discount code.

5. Tester's Opinion (summary)

I think this is a low cost 'Must Have' for any Bike with a Chain  <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

6. Star Rating 

I Give the PD Oiler Mini a   :star: :star: :star: :star :rating.

1 star = piece of crap
2 star = maybe I should have done more research before buying this?
3 star = decent bit of kit for the money
4 star = better than expected with some nice extras/features
5 star = does it have a sister I can marry?! (aka I will buy this again!)

7. Pictures

*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!