Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Tyres

Metzeler tourance next

(1/6) > >>

Darren marsh:
I know we all bang on about tyres and I have always put my trust in metzeler in my 30yrs of riding they are my go to tyre from road racing to track days they have never let me down
So I have looked at the metzeler tourance next due to been a 99% road rider  :auto-dirtbike:
I have looked on lots of forums and can not find a bad word said about them even found one bloke that said he had done a track day with them and found them to be great
I want to get about 10k out of the tyre as I do use bike most days for work doing a round trip of 60miles on country roads I do not hang about when am late for work !! And the Dl bless her gets used as she should
Has any one used these tyres and what is your thoughts on them ?
Cheers
 keep safe  :sunny: :sunny:

tallpaul:
I've always been a big fan of Michelin tyres. My Strom had pilot road 3's fitted when I bought it and I loved them. The pilot road 4's were good too but I didn't have quite the same confidence in them but they did last well. I now have the Road 5 and they are OK too but nothing has come as close to the PR3 for cornering confidence.  I've been reading a tyre review in Ride magazine and they have given the Metzeller Roadtec 01 SE the plaudits this time around. I could be tempted by those myself next time as I do like the sound of their cornering stability, especially with the tank of a bike I've got now.

kwackboy:
Hello Darren.

I've no experience on the road with Tourance next myself but can say they are very popular with customers at my shop.

They choose them mainly for their good feel/grip, longevity, low road noise and price.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  :thumb:

UK_Vstrom650:
I nearly went with the Metzler Roadtec 01s  but they were £270 fitted to the bike vs £240 for the Road 5s.
If you want longevity, I put over 19,000 on the Dunlop Roadsmart 3s... they were fairly square by then mind, but I had no complaints with their performance.

Darren marsh:
Am looking at price as well I can get a set of metzeler tourance next delivered for £195
And then I fit and balance myself so price also has a big play in it for me  :sunny:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version