Author Topic: Anakee Adventures ?  (Read 2852 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Anakee Adventures ?
« on: June 29, 2019, 12:14:43 »
Any of you folk running these yet ? I'm fancying a set for the Cappy as it's got Metzeler Next's fitted which I'm less than impressed with (numb feel, not as grippy as they could be in the wet, ABS operates VERY early in the damp...).

Just wondering and would love to hear about it if you have.

It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Online kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
Re: Anakee Adventures ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 12:41:42 »
I was speaking to our Michelin rep yesterday about these very tyres.
Not much feedback yet as they are new but I've seen some good footage of them doing OK on and off road.
Only time will tell .  :thumb:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline 2112

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 19:29:20 »
Yes, I've seen the launch video's and one or two quite short term tests. I'm waiting for someone to say they've done several thousand miles first before I pull the pin. Really not loving the Metz'; they came with my 1200 Supertenere and I didn't like them on that either...

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 22:22:00 »
How are they supposed to compare with the Anakee 3's?
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA

Offline 2112

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 16:57:48 »
Michelin are pitching them as an 80/20 tyre with the Anakee 3 listed as a 90/10. They look nearly as gnarly as a TKC70 which are surprisingly good road tyres which worked superb on my Supertenere. I hit a small patch of light gravel today and the front Metzler just slid and then the back followed suit, if I'd had TKC70 the bike wouldn't have budged... Even on lightly soiled roads the Metzlers just light up the traction control light.

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 01:02:20 »
I like the looks of these tyres, even though I've got great mileage and no complaints on the PR5 trails I fancy a change, these could be good on gravel etc, not seen any reviews yet.

Online kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:19 »
I've got these tyres on my BMW.

On road I can confirm they are a good tyre with great wet/dry grip stability with a positive quiet feel that inspires confidence

Off road use for me has been some byways, mainly gravel, some light mud and puddles, they seem pretty capable under these conditions but I'm no expert off-roader, I'd say anything more than that you'd be stuck.

Longevity wise it's hard to say, it depends how you use your bike but for myself I'm a around 2k in and they seem to be holding up well for a relatively soft tyre. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 18:10:57 »
Wondering if I should go for the anakee adventure or save a few quid and get the metz tourance that are on offer at £139 I think it is on the other thread, would I notice much difference in reality?

Offline Jamieboy

• Bike: DL650XT L5
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 08:48:17 »
Wondering if I should go for the anakee adventure or save a few quid and get the metz tourance that are on offer at £139 I think it is on the other thread, would I notice much difference in reality?

I see from your earlier post that you're on Road 5s currently? If so I think you'd notice the tourances feeling different and probably a step back in wet grip. I've not used the anakee adventures but have had loads of sets of tourances and whist perfectly fine they are ultimately long in the tooth (I think I first used them in 2006) and the modern tyre models of the major brands have moved on. As ever whether you'd notice depends on how you ride etc.