V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

Carb Cleaning Triggers Fault??

(1/1)

willsniffer:
had my DL1000 K2 for a week so putting it through its paces while it's under warranty. Its been running rough so replaced the plugs which has already helped. It looks like its been garaged for a year (only 300 miles since major service last May) so was thinking of putting some Wurth Injection spray through the carb as well as following the local Suzuki dealers advice to "just ride it"! However, after selling me the stuff he did say that I could trigger a fault related to the air filter box if the ignition is on. Am I missing something with my limited knowledge as I'd surely need to be running the thing to put the stuff in in the first place! Also, any other things I could do to improve things further?

Deepest apologies for my thickness :crazy:

TIA

Piglumps:
Might be worth a dash of fuel injector cleaner...

I suppose if you're spraying stuff into the air filter the ECU could think there's a blockage in the filter or some such fault?

The diesel injector cleaner certainly used to work on our Rover 200 diesel, get to 1/4 tank then bung the lot in, then take the car for a 30-mile hoon over the downs....return with smoother, quieter and more responsive engine, and a big grin...

Good luck

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version