V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

1050 Fan cutting in

(1/3) > >>

Oldleathers:
Hi I have a question for 1050 & DL1000 owners, I was wondering if other owners find the engine fan cuts in a lot, mine seems to cut in most times when I stop even if I've been riding at a steady pace. For example tonight I was riding 40ish behind cars, the outside temperature was 17 degrees according to the bike dash, pulled in for fuel and the fans running, obviously when riding I can't tell whether the fans on or not. The engine temperature gauge says normal. (3 blocks lit up)  I remember my 650 Versys fan seemed to cut in a lot. Am I just being paranoid?
Cheers Brian

aggressivesk8r:
Hi Brian,
I would say that what you are experiencing is normal. Mine does exactly what you have described too.
Cheers Ken

Oldleathers:
Cheers ken that's put my mind at rest.

kwackboy:
I'm unsure about the new 1050 but a fair number of modern bikes use their fans to warm up as well as c.o.o.l  themselves.

Basically the fan spins both ways , one way draws the heat from the engine so it gets up to temperature quicker and the other way draws cold air to c.o.o.l down.

Admin ...

Does C.o.o.l really need to be in the American filter ..? 

Gert:
I'm not too familiar with the 1050. If it was my ride, I would as a precaution, double check on the coolant levels of both the radiator and overflow bottle. At least that way I'd know that the coolant levels are correct from the start of any diagnosing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version