V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

Vstrom 1000 purchase

(1/2) > >>

nathanharold:
Hi all

New forum member here.

I am considering buying this bike:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL-1000-V-STROM-2014-EXCELLENT-COND-ONLY-1-OWNER-4-915-MILES-EXTARS/203179875375?hash=item2f4e76dc2f:g:BqMAAOSwK8NfrqZb

I've had a look through the forum and as ever there will be various issues. Is there a definitive list of things to check on a  2014 1000?

Thanks
Nathan

nackeredspanner:
Hi Your Nathan, its not a bad looking bike with just under 5000 on the clock just make sure its had the ECU recall done if it needs it that is

Mick

MartinW:
See if the clutch basket has been fixed too.

UK_Vstrom650:
Wasn't there an earthing recall on them too?

clutchspring:
That looks a nice clean bike, the first revamped version like this one did have some electrical issues, I believe the electrical block connecters under the tank wear not water proof & did causes strange electrical problems, also as some one  as already said they had a recall on a earth lead & some suffered from ignition switch & wiring harness rubbing under rear of fuel tank.
Worth ringing a Suzuki main dealer up with the bike reg number & they should be able to tell you if any recalls have been done.
Don't let it put you off there a great bike & no matter what make you buy they all have some sort of problems.
Good look,
Ian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version