V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

What have you done with your V-Strom today?

<< < (2441/2449) > >>

NeilM:
It was mighty breezy here yesterday, but with clear blue skies.... mostly, so I took the opportunity to get out on the 650.

I whizzed up to Bristol to Fowlers to take a look / sit on a Tracer 9 and a 850GS, as I have a possible fly / ride planned for next year and these are two of the bikes on offer. I then went over to Superbike Factory as I wanted to try a 750GS, but they have a 'look but don't touch' policy. I didn't fancy an hour long sales pitch, so I didn't 'ask for assistance', my previous sit on the Tracer was enough to tell me the Beemers are a closer feel to my VStrom.

Came out of Bristol on the A38 and then turned left to head across the Chew Valley, then up and onto the Mendips, where it really was blowing.

A few tractors slowed things down a little, but they are working and I'm on holiday, so I just hang back.

Coming down I had to choose between Cheddar Gorge and Burrington Combe. Cheddar is rugged but Burrington has far better road surfaces. I then took the winding way back towards Weston and that's when the rain started. Not hard and not really a nuisance, but.... I only washed the bike on Sunday.

Another very pleasant 75 miles, the bike really does feel great and if the weather will just play ball next week, I'll be doing an overnight camp in Dorset, a visit to the Sammy Miller museum and a nice run home through the New Forest. By then I think it'll be ready for an oil and filter change ready for our 2024 adventures.

Rixington43:
I've been chasing an intermittent sticky throttle over the past few months/years. I've cleaned and lubed every linkage going more than once and even started wondering if the throttle cables needed replacing.
Note to self, check the bloody obvious before you go chasing ghosts 😬.
Bar rubbed back, kurust applied and primed for top coat, once I buy some.
Cables and linkages are free as anything so a nice cheap, if dumb, fix.

purplebikeunicorn:
Short trip out, my sinuses are still full but thought I'd run an errand on the bike as the weather seemed better. Didn't miss a beat starting, the only thing I've noticed today is that my gear indicator is proper on the fritz and I was in 3rd before I'd even left the drive. Must sort that!

Got a picture that I popped in the picture thread too... slightly overdue one :)

Rixington43:
Painted the bar under the throttle grip and thought I'd do a bit of under tank tlc whilst it dries. Air filter clean and then clean off and re grease all the linkages and electrical connectors I can access. Also check vacuum take offs etc.
Top tip, aerosol lids make great intake covers to protect against errant screws.

Upt North:
Yesterday......
Went to Berwick-upon-the-Tweed for a reassuringly old fashioned MOT. Only 40 cold miles completed. It was blummin cold.
Upt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version