Author Topic: exhaust link pipes  (Read 2984 times)

Offline highland strom

• Bike: Suzuki Sv K2 2003.
exhaust link pipes
« on: November 21, 2011, 22:28:38 »
Hi folks, I've just put some Quill exhausts on the v/strom and the right hand side is quite away shorter than the left I suspect that the right hand link pipe should be about 4ins longer has anyone any info on this please before I get on the phone to Quill thanks colin.

Offline Sven

Re: exhaust link pipes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 23:11:58 »
I can remember reading another thread about something similar. It was suggested that the link pipes were around the wrong way (as in the left & right side link pipes being different lengths). Worth a check maybe.... :shrug:

Offline highland strom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 23:32:46 »
Cheers, I've just stood both of the standard pipes up against the wall and the right hand one is about 4ins longer than the left, so I will be on the phone to Quill tommorow it looks like they have sent the same length link pipes for both sides where the right side should of been longer, hopefully they send out a replacement quicker than it took theese to arrive ( 7 weeks ). sound fantastic though  !

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:31:35 »
I had a set of T3's on my Vee and they fitted perfectly (and sounded great). I know one link pipe is longer than the other - sounds like they've sent you a bum set ? I have to say the aftersales service isn't great and delivery times are poor, but the product is very good. So good I've got a T3 on my Guzzi.

P.S. both my Vee and Guzzi are on the Quill website in the gallery section.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline highland strom

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 22:44:58 »
yeah I know what you mean they told me roughly 2 weeks but it took 7 weeks I rang up after 3 weeks and asked where my exhausts were and the bloke on the phone told me that they had just found out the courier they use DHL had one of there vans pinched with mine and 2 other customers exhausts on board which I found a bit iffy he told me he would have to manufacture another set of link pipes with silencers and send them on and eventually they came yesturday, me and my mate fitted them and when we came to do the right side pipe its about 3 or 4ins shorter than the left its that short that the hanger strap is covering half of the quill badge on the silencer, anyway I phoned them today and I was right the right link pipe is longer and he was full of appologies saying that 2 left link pipes were made buy mistake and he would manufacture the right one and send it off this afternoon "remains to be seen" I told him to send it out as soon as he could cos it looks a bit daft from the backend, That said very good quality and what a lovely note with the baffles in it gives a nice throaty sound without being to loud I took it up to 80mph along the A1 for about 10 miles and sounded just a fraction noisier than the standard pipes then I opened the throttle and what a lovely throaty note it made, so all in all crap service very good product.

Offline 2112

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:09:33 »
Yes, I agree crap service ! My first set took forever to turn up and phonecalls just weren't working, not good. I wouldn't have minded if they'd said 'were very busy, it'll be 10 weeks'. But to promise two weeks with no chance of delivering is simply not good enough... That said I bought a can for the Guzzi and the bugger turned up in a week !

Offline highland strom

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 17:02:51 »
Nice one, al keep you posted when it turns up !

Offline highland strom

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 17:27:46 »
The other link pipe arrived and has been put on "that's more like it"  I give it a try without the baffles in and my god its was like rolling thunder nice for a quick blast up the country but not practical for what I need it for 'touring' so the baffles went straight back in , so now there's a nice balance between being throughty but not to load and still being able to here the induction noise when operning the throttle well pleased.

Offline 2112

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 20:04:24 »
Nice one ! I have to say the Quill's sounded lovely on mine, good choice  :thumb: