Author Topic: Braided brake lines front and back  (Read 838 times)

Offline edbailey

• Bike: DL650XT L8
Braided brake lines front and back
« on: December 01, 2019, 22:13:07 »
How do all,  I've seen a thread on here about fitting steel braided brake lines on a 650 strom 2018 but I canny find it anymore!

Can anyone advise where I might buy some from? Looked on sportsbikeshop but they don't list any for my year of strom,  which is annoying.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Braided brake lines front and back
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 23:43:39 »
HEL usually run an offer in December for about 30 or 40% off. Keep an eye on their website (HEL Performance). I got some last year and fitted the fronts this summer. Fairly straightforward to do. Unsure if they improved the braking to be honest, although the brake lines were coming up 7 years old so overdue a change by Suzuki's schedule.

I haven't fitted the rear lines yet as a bolt on my hugger was giving me grief at the time and I haven't got round to revisiting. That said, it looks a bit of a pain to change the lines due to access issues.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Re: Braided brake lines front and back
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:32:08 »
Thread jack alert !!!   At the local dealers the other day I was shown a ZX10 which has braided lines as standard. An owner of a similar bike wanted ""Kawasaki green" brake lines fittedas he didn't like the OE colour. What no one suspected was that the swing arm has to be removed to allow access to the brake line connections at the back of the engine. Seven and a half hours labour charges later I wonder if it was all worth it.

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.