Author Topic: O2 Sensor Unit  (Read 4219 times)

Ch00

O2 Sensor Unit
« on: August 08, 2010, 19:01:10 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oxygen-sensor-eliminator-Suzuki-DL-650-V-Strom-07-2010-/260640419147?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3caf612d4b

Not see this before. It plugs into the O2 sensor to trick the FI unit to thinking it still there to allow "any" exhaust to be fitted.

Any pitfalls to this?

Offline Beerbelly

Re: O2 Sensor Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 19:32:20 »
I suppose the obvious point is that if you are over-riding the O2 sensor, but not having the bike properly set up I.e. with a power commander or similar, then the engine air fuel ratio is likely to be out, probably resulting in an even more lean state than usual. I say this as replacement cans may typically flow more air than the standard ones. The alternative would be just to unclip the O2 wiring connector and then either put up with the F.I warning light or else remove the trigger pin wire to the ECU.

I'll stand corrected, I'm no expert, but I think that's a fairly common sense conclusion?

Offline Quoman

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 18:37:31 »
I've just purchased one of these, give it a week or two and ill let you know . :auto-dirtbike:
ARE YOU READY?
3RD JANUARY IS LOOMING, TIME TO BECOME COMPLIANT
http://www.ecuclinic.com

Offline Quoman

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:42:25 »
unit arrived today from Greece!, absolute doddle to fit seat off, unplug lambda, plug in unit ta da!
went for a short bimble from west wickham into Lewisham and immediatly noticed how much smoother the gearchange was,and I'm sure the throttle response was much better too, fuel consumption? I'm going to wait till I've got a fresh tank.
it saves wire cutting and any intrusive work and can be easily removed and lambda plugged back in
so far.....so very good!
ARE YOU READY?

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:31:44 »
Any idea if this would work on an K5? The auction shows "07-2010", I didn't think there was any real differences between earlier and later Wees as far as the O2 sensor was concerned...
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Quoman

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 13:17:03 »
I would put that question to him via ebay......he bound to know!

just asked him about a club discount.....who knows!!
ARE YOU READY?

Offline Quoman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 18:07:03 »
I have the reply from Nick in Greece:

Hello there.

I read your topic and I thank you very much for suggesting my items. Indeed it is very effective in smoothness and throttle response of the DL650 I have tested it myself for many miles.

You can say in the forum that I will make a 10% discount to any individual from the V-Strom UK club that wants to buy the o2 sensor eliminator or/and the dealer mode tool (item no.:250685924946) or I can make 20% discount for a group buy of 10 or more items or 25% for 20 or more. For the second case you can contact me about the items and quantity and I will make a special listing for the group buy.

The item no. of the v-strom o2 sensor eliminator is: 260654981948 and for the dealer mode tool is: 250685924946 but you can check my other items and you will find many other items for many bikes.

Thank you very much again, I appreciate your interest
ARE YOU READY?

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 21:34:39 »
:thumb:  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 23:19:21 »
He replied to my query on if this will work on the earlier Wees too:
I think that the k4-k6 models have different o2 sensor. You will realise if this o2 sensor fit to your bike if you check the o2 sensor connector. Just folow the wires from the o2 sensor to the wiring harness (that goes under the seat) and you will find the connector, if it looks like the one in the photo then the eliminator fits to your bike but I think that the 04-06 models have the same o2 sensor with the DL1000 that has a 3 position connector and it can not be bypassed.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:45 »
K7 went twin sparks per cyl, so not surprised the o2 sensor is at least calibrated differently
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Offline Quoman

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 16:07:23 »
I am now experimenting, I have just been on the yoshi with a decated restricted remus innovation and ran a tank offuel
before yoshi remap: around 140 miles per tank.....top end of 17 stone
after: around 160 odd miles per tank
bike runs smooth but hiccups when accelerating from low revs

I will then remove the restrictor and try with another full tank

then refit the wire on the lambda and do the same 2 experiments again
ARE YOU READY?

Offline landr0ver

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 20:15:11 »
in my humble opinion there is only one way to sort out the fueling problem is to alter the fuel mapping in the ECU and unfortunately the vee I know can only be altered very crudely in the low, mid and high rev range. So, from my experience the only way to tuely sort out the low rev hiccup and odd backfire was to have a power commander fitted and set up on a dyno. Once mine had been set up it was like riding away on a new bike, no more hiccups in 3rd at 30mph it will smoothly pull away from 60mph in OD. The most important thing is the fueling is set up correctly through the whole rev range so fuel economy is not compromised, because a lot of these plug in units all they do is overfuel through the whole rev range.

Offline Quoman

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 20:48:58 »
This plug in unit merely put the eml out when the lambda was disconnected I also had mine on the yoshi box which has also improved the mpg.one is, however a 650 or wee, so maybe not the same faults.
ARE YOU READY?

Offline Qjay

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 16:52:30 »
Man wish I had seent hismonths ago, I got a can which I then sold cos of the sensor!!! Oh well!! :violin: