Author Topic: What one's  (Read 2265 times)

Offline coopmick

What one's
« on: July 13, 2010, 14:22:05 »
SWMBO has given me the green light to spend some of my redundancy money on a new exhaust but not sure which ones to get I'm leaning towards Bulwolf stainless stubbies but I like the look of the Pipe Werx  :shrug:
Any comments welcome and how much shorter are the Stubbies, will the panniers (Kappa Made ones see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5120) get caked in black shit or will the long ones be better but panniers only go on now and again.
Thanks Mike
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline jenky9r

Re: What one's
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 21:23:19 »
Hi,
I have the beowulf stubbies and I'm quite impressed, the build quality is good and they sound Great, only bike I've had where people comment on how good it sounds! Only thing I would say is that they are loud even with the baffles in, my mate with his Akro GP stubby can't hear his zx9r over mine from some way back!
I'd be happy to recommend the beowulfs to anyone.
However I have read on here recently that someone has had an issue with the company and it's lifetime guarantee, or lack of! Also there is a thread on here anout the pipe werkz and they seem happy with them so I guess it's a case of what are the differences and what's best value for money?
Hope this helps and happy shopping,
Mark
PS I got my pipes through Moore Speed racing in Poole who were very helpful and managed to get me 5% discount.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 22:02:41 »
I know it's a different bike but Steve got a blue flame, twin port stubby pipe & it sounds amazing, again you can hear him for miles, not too noisy just a really distinctive growl. I love it
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline coopmick

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 14:09:36 »
Ordered Beowulf this morning here by Friday fitted by Saturday I hope, remapped the ECU ASAP (Fowlers £25) gone for the stainless stubbies. Photos will follow with the new camera I had to buy SWMBO as part of the deal to get these :bawl:
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline jenky9r

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 21:50:49 »
Can you let me know how the ECU re-map went? I've not done anything to mine other than bolt them on so would be interested to hear what you feel the differences are.
Cheers,
Mark

Offline coopmick

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:43:42 »
Quote from: "jenky9r"
Can you let me know how the ECU re-map went? I've not done anything to mine other than bolt them on so would be interested to hear what you feel the differences are.
Cheers,
Mark

No worries Mark may be a week or two before it's done. :thumb:  :thumb:
Mike

Offline Quoman

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 22:01:11 »
you would only REALLY need to remap the ecu if the map ran off, by which I mean dodgy idle, flat spots, misfire,general rough running, my Remus has gone straight on no bother, I'm certain a company like blue flames pipes would acxt the same.
ARE YOU READY?
3RD JANUARY IS LOOMING, TIME TO BECOME COMPLIANT
http://www.ecuclinic.com

Offline coopmick

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 15:51:43 »
Well Beowulf fitted did about 200miles yesterday and what a difference first the noise we are talking loud very loud but the best is how she pulls at lower revs no popping or farting between 2000rpm up to 4000rpm. I am well happy  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Catballou

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 16:56:42 »
They look proper pretty too  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline coopmick

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 17:25:16 »
Quote from: "coopmick"
Quote from: "jenky9r"
Cheers,
Mark

No worries Mark may be a week or two before it's done. :thumb:  :thumb:
Mike
Booked in for a remap on the 7th Aug at Fowlers. Suzuki so call recommend it to be done. At £25 can't moan about it. :shrug:

Offline coopmick

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 18:21:12 »
Well had the remap done so far seems a lot smoother and pulls really well at low revs hope to give it a good run tomorrow as it is to wet today  :angry-tappingfoot:  :rain:  :rain: