Author Topic: any ideas ????  (Read 2009 times)

Offline sbb

any ideas ????
« on: September 26, 2011, 21:14:32 »
maybe looking to purchacse a new exhaust for my vee, it's the new 2012 model. any ideas????? cheers
 :ty:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: any ideas ????
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:52 »
Hell! On this site we speculated for months about what the new wee's would be like, now somebodies actually got one - haven't got the foggiest about aftermarket stuff for the 'new' engine! Have to start a new knowledge database (cough - any volunteers?) Probably aftermarket exhausts are still in development?
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 21:52:40 »
I'd be very surprised if there was anything available for the new Wee. There are hardly any for the old K7 onwards models because of the difficulties with it having a cat. When I test rode the new one I thought the stock exhaust sounded fairly nice compared to the old Wee's stock exhaust, a bit more throaty. You can always be the first to contact some of the manufacturers. Sometimes they will give you a big discount for the use of your bike to develop an exhaust for it that they can then sell to lots of people.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline sbb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 22:37:21 »
it is throaty the exhaust and does sound better now I have more miles under my belt, I will give it a go and call some manufacturers and see what they say. will keep you informed.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:51:33 »
as the frame is the same- new and old model.  I'd be surprised if Suzuki changed the exhaust mounts, I'd bet an aftermarket full system for a k7-10 wee will fit.

on pre 2007 models you can cut the box and link tube off and put on an aftermarket box with new link pipe, after 2007 they have a massive cat in the 'link' pipe bit and usually means whole new system.

ps, 1000cc's are called Vee's

650cc's are called Wee's!  :shy:

gets confusing if your asking questions calling it a Vee and it's a 650

Ride Coordinator

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 16:02:47 »
I think the K7 old Wee exhaust will a bit different because the engine in the new Wee is different. At the least the link pipes are going to be a bit different. I'd be nice if they did match up well because if people then started making exhausts for the new Wee you could use them on the older Wee (the one with the cat.)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog