Author Topic: Welcome to Planet I-Sure  (Read 1961 times)

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Welcome to Planet I-Sure
« on: May 30, 2008, 16:20:34 »
I took out an insurance policy for my Road Legal Quad back in December with I-Sure, I broke my own golden rule and paid the policy up front. The cost was £200 ish fully comp.

I April I cancelled the policy because I sold the Quad :(  spoke to I-Sure who said, 'no problem, write to us cancelling the policy and we will issue a pro-rata refund.

I chased and chased and eventually was told that I-Sure (the broker) had taken a cancellation fee of £30, the actual insurer had taken a cancellation fee of £30 so I would get no refund  :shock:

So while I am considering my next move I receive a letter from I-Sure telling me I owe them £28 for cancelling the policy, so I phone them and explain that they must be on drugs as I only used the policy for four months and they has twelve months worth of dosh..

The response.......

'Well you see, because you cancelled the policy we lose profit and therefore we are going to pursue you for the £28'

I will do time  before they get a penny
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
Re: Welcome to Planet I-Sure
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 17:01:43 »
...and the insurance companies wonder why there are so many uninsured riders and drivers out there! I've got a 10" file in the shed somewhere and the missus makes a world-class malt loaf.
No bike at present.......