Author Topic: ABS  (Read 703 times)

Offline Fossie

• Bike: DL650
Re: ABS
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2024, 21:30:57 »
Excellent news in finding and sorting....yep penny pinching in that a better connector would only be a few pence more ..

Anyway it has been bugging me that it applies brakes ...but then   doh!!!! it's applying the traction control  which is just candance braking in very very quick time on the rear brake ...
  So just selecting TC off may be a quick way to make safe..until the fault can be sorted ...though we all know to check now .

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2024, 02:13:50 »
I wondered if the V-Stroms TC was just braking the wheel or actually controlling engine power (or both?) Did you also get a flashing TC light or ABS light when it happened?

Offline Fossie

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2024, 22:11:07 »
I got the ABS light  but then  flashing TC light as the brakes applied but Tom the bike from the origin of this post had ABS and TC stuck on ..

Offline Fossie

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2024, 22:09:36 »
Back again...with an odd one but for me  a proper result.. Since the problem was fixed , the TC works as it should but the ABS light is on constant    NO FI warning or EML... just the ABs light  and yep it's  not working  ...There is a god!   The brakes have feeling and none of that scary lever locking under braking on rough patches , usually at roundabouts... Win Win

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2024, 19:22:26 »
If the light is permanently on, then the ABS module may well have codes stored. Bridging the ABS test connector should flash them out of the ABS light.