Author Topic: Yoshimura Hepta Force EEC approval V-strom 1000 2019  (Read 1468 times)

Offline lucad111

• Bike: Suzuki V-strom 1000 XT 2019
Yoshimura Hepta Force EEC approval V-strom 1000 2019
« on: August 26, 2022, 14:02:15 »
Hi everyone,
I've recently purchased a 2019 V-Strom 1000 XT  and it came fitted with a Yosahimura Hepta Force, I bought the bike from a dealer  and they never mentioned anything about it in terms of road legal, but since they were selling it I assumed it was all good.
Today I brought the bike to fit new tyres and brake pads too and the person who did the job asked me if I had the EEC approval documentation for it ( I mentioned that I'm going to ride to France and Spain  on Sunday ) and he told me that I might be better for me to have the EEC approval documentation that came with the exhaust.
Of course there was nothing among the documents the dealer gave me and now I risk to having to cancel everything because of this
Does anyone has either the same model and can point me to the documents or ideas how problematic it may be  going through Europe without it?
I'm really out of ideas and don't know what to do.
Thanks!

Online Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
Re: Yoshimura Hepta Force EEC approval V-strom 1000 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 14:06:18 »
Is the can stamped anywhere?
I've just been to Europe with a Mivv system which isn't obnoxious but it isn't close to stock either, never so much as a sideways look, mine is E marked on the body of the can though so I think that would suffice if needed.
If you're mega concerned then I'd contact Yoshimura as they should have all the bureaucraguff on file.

Offline lucad111

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 14:27:10 »
Hi Rixington43
Yes the can has a stamp on the lower part of the ehaust close to the pipe it says:  e3 in a square and then 1192 and a 9 in a circle I think ( poor readability )
Is that the one?

Offline cooltshirt

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 15:26:38 »
This one intrigued me:
Go here: https://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product/syousai.php?id=18579 linkys for 2 certificates on page

also here: https://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product/syousai.php?id=16600 looking at the parts pdf this suggests that this might be the silencer on your bike.

This leads me to speculate that your 2019 Euro4 ? bike has been fitted with a silencer for an earlier bike. If I'm right your silencer is EEC approved and stamped to say so, but not for your exact model. I would print off the 2 certificates for your bike (but not your silencer) the parts list for your silencer and head to the ferry riding sensibly and not be too concerned.

"To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow"

Offline lucad111

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 16:14:57 »
Quote removed
I think the speculation is correct ...who knows why this was made... can't find a reason...
Thanks for the help.

I'm not really a fast rider, top speed I get to is 70 mph on a motorway.. way less on slower roads.

Also I'm wondering ... is the MOT valid?  since the vehicle has been modified with parts not (stritctly) intended for it..

Offline cooltshirt

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 17:03:54 »
I think you have no concerns regarding the validity of the MOT, which allows for aftermarket exhausts.
https://begin-motorcycling.co.uk/motorcycle-exhaust-laws/ Turn up with a non standard baffled exhaust and you'll be fine. Turn up with a silly straight through' and you'll be treated accordingly.
"To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow"