Author Topic: Motorbikes4All based in Malvern Worcestershire - motorbikes4all.com  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
I am posting this here because somehow they have a Suzuki franchise and they sell the V-Strom. The review at www.motorbikes4all.uk is written by me and although it relates to a shitty Chinese piece of crap, it is the behaviour of the business that should be of interest.

The abridged version.

Brand new piece of crap Chinese bike - Indicator switch fails in January 2021, the bike had covered a few hundred miles. Motorbikes4all were just not interested, trying to imply that the buyers relationship should be with the importer not the suppling dealer  :shock:

Only after telling them of this site and Bikerscampsite did they eventually make a small amount of effort to get a warranty claim approved IN JANUARY.

Between then and now they have been uninterested.

A week ago the part arrives JUNE and they are playing silly buggers sending it out, making up some bollocks about Courier trouble.

I spoke to them today and the fella there mentioned the reviews I had written and said he intended to write some bad reviews for Bikers Campsite in retaliation  lol

Based on my experience, I strongly advise anyone considering buying a bike, Suzuki or otherwise, from motorbikes4all.com to read my review and take note of the kind of people you will be dealing with.

It reinforces my theory that any business that uses text speak in their name are idiots.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Oh! dear. So they say if you tell the truth about them they will make up lies about you.   They must be fans of Donald Trump. 
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline clutchspring

• Bike: DL1000XT M0
Thanks for the info , one place to not bother with  , they sound like a right load of bone heads .
 :text-goodpost: :ty:

Ian.

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
My stepson is looking a wee 125 for work and we had been looking at the Chinese bikes because you get a new bike with warranty for secondhand money , but time to look elsewhere I think!  Keeway looked one of the better built makes too.

Offline Keith60

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, Honda TRX 500FA ATV
Thanks for the heads up FR! 
Never too old to ride!

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
Please .... Stay away from any Chinese bikes.. !!

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys .. :shrug:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
The Chinese bike was a 125cc that my Daughters' other half bought as his first bike.

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Offline kwackboy

Yes , I read the hassle you had in another post.

Lots of people get sucked into the brand new bike for secondhand money idea but in most cases a good second hand bike would be far better. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
Agreed, I had no input into his choice  :icon_no:

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
Re: Motorbikes4All based in Malvern Worcestershire - motorbikes4all.com
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 00:00:12 »
(Sorry for bumping the thread, but to add my tuppence)

Have visited them a few times over the past 2 years, once with my dad to look at an older bike (1980 vintage), and twice to look at bikes for me (and test ride one on the second visit).

First visit - fine - prices a bit high but otherwise good sales person and loads of room/freedom to look the bikes over. No pressure to buy at all, and able to have a pleasant chat and visit. Didn't buy the bike as it needed a lot of work, and dad just wanted to get out and ride.

Second/Third visit - bikes crammed in so much you can't properly look or get on them without having someone move a dozen other bikes. Second visit I had a helpful sales chap, did get some bikes out for me to sit on and have a good look at. Third visit, not such a good story.

I test rode a bike, and having paid for the privilege (£25), was then told untruths by the sales person. Bike apparently had FSH when I asked on the phone (it did not, it had zero, then the sales person told me that he didn't tell me it had - I had booked with him on the phone!). I was then told I could get £xxx amount off if I took it as a trade sale, with no warranty / check over by them, which was then changed to £yyy (less off) when they returned from the office. When I questioned why that had changed, I was told that I had misheard... Nope, now I'm not buying it.

As for the "trade sale" term used, it's possibly misleading as per the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs. Your consumer rights still apply for a new or used sale, and for the first 6 months are pretty savage (although they do allow claims up to 6 years in England at least, after 6 months, the burden of proof is on you instead of the dealer). They get a maximum of one chance to repair, or replace, then they must refund you (possibly a partial refund if > 30 days). I notice on the Google reviews that they rely pretty hard on their "3 month warranty" stance when people have complained about issues past that point...

Examples of misleading actions:

* misleading consumers about their statutory rights by using statements such as 'sold as seen' or 'trade sale'

https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/goods/used-car-sales

What is the consumer rights act?

Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations Guidance

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 20:43:06 »
Compared to what the Missenden Flyer on Youtube went through customising his Himalayan, you've got off lucky :-)
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 07:46:01 »
 lol "went through" my arse?

He's either very clever and generated loads of dosh from his lack of common sense or he is the bloke I need to meet to buy my stock of magic beans and Unicorn saddles.

To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 09:26:22 »
Yeah, but no, but it was an Interceptor not a Himalayan but even so why put glitter on a turd? 
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 12:06:40 »
The standard thing looked quite acceptable, not my cup of tea but each to their own. The result after spending £9k+ is questionable at best.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 12:19:14 »
An update on my new Chinese hobby, the chain is stretching at a daft rate, I am adjusting it every week. The headlight switch became intermittent (High/Low beam), they are sealed units and so no amount of cleaner will help.

He bit the bullet and paid £90 for new switchgear, this is the second time in less than a year that the same switchgear has been changed (indicators last time). It now seems to have developed an intermittent fault where the fuel pump doesn't prime, I'm hoping that is just a connector rather than the pump.

He flattened the battery a couple of times and this seemed reluctant to recover so I convinced him to buy a branded battery, I also gave him an Optimate. Two weeks later he has a flat battery (despite attaching the Optimate every night)  :icon_exclaim: a little bit of investigation turned up the fact that he hadn't been plugging the Optimate into the mains  :angry-banghead:

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 12:58:57 »
Totally agree on the Missenden thing. He was lucky the bailiffs didn't nab his (Interceptor) bike - but 9k!!! Pass the smelling salts!
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey

Offline kwackboy

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 15:03:26 »
I also gave him an Optimate. Two weeks later he has a flat battery (despite attaching the Optimate every night) a little bit of investigation turned up the fact that he hadn't been plugging the Optimate into the mains

lol lol lol lol
Chief trouble maker 🙂