Author Topic: BLUE WEE ,STAG ROUNDABOUT,ROTHERHAM  (Read 2411 times)

Offline gilly

• Bike: DL650 L2
BLUE WEE ,STAG ROUNDABOUT,ROTHERHAM
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:58:31 »
Blue Wee going round stag roundabout ,rotherham at 09.15 Friday 7th Feb
Rider had Think Bike Top on
A SHIN BONE IS A DEVICE  FOR FINDING FURNITURE IN A DARK ROOM

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: BLUE WEE ,STAG ROUNDABOUT,ROTHERHAM
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 15:51:02 »
Prolly LargePie.

Did he have his knee down again?

Ruddy hooligan....
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Jay2

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 16:17:53 »
Think that might have been me........... :shy:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline gilly

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:29:40 »
Nice looking bike Jay2 , always liked the strom in blue and the wee looks a lot bigger bike than my glee
First time I've seen another vstrom in my local area anyway looks a nice clean bike  :)

Gilly
A SHIN BONE IS A DEVICE  FOR FINDING FURNITURE IN A DARK ROOM

Offline TLPower

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 17:00:41 »
Quote from: "Jay2"
Think that might have been me........... :shy:

You're the motogymkhana organiser right?

My most humble apologies.

Nice Capri btw, one of my scariest memories was 130+, 5 up in a mates 280 Brooklands down the M42.

A year later we did the same journey with an indicated 150mph in a Carlton GSi. How we laughed (nervously).
How we survived, I'll never know. :old:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Jay2

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 21:43:14 »
Glad you didn't see it close up Gilly, hoping the ACF50's doing its job under all the daily winter grime that's built up.  :rain:

Yep, 'Motogymkhana bloke', been called worse!  :grin:  We are just trying to get some funding to hold a couple more sessions some time this year, so keep an eye out if you fancy having a go again.

And my piccy is of my much loved and greatly missed Mk3 2.8i, which turned out to be one of the last ones to be registered.  Unfortunately it had classic Ford rustproofing and my V6 was more V5.2.......... :bawl:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline TLPower

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 07:57:06 »
With a nudge from Bigpie, we are both signed up for the Motogymkhana experience at Donington in May. Another couple at Dearn would be great. The last one was a real eye opener.

Are the Capri wheels the RS 7 spokes or the Pepperpots?

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Jay2

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 21:08:19 »
RS rims TLPower, often wonder if its still around........................
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 19:15:21 »
Only knee down action I've had is when trying to catch it the time I forgot to put the side stand down :D
More Moto Gymkhana would be great :D Going to take a few cones down to my mates works car park on a few Sundays when it is closed on an industrial estate. Jay2 are you up on the legal stuff? Would that cause us to get in any bother with the law?

Offline Jay2

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 21:40:07 »
Ayop Bigpie, glad to see your getting some more practice in, still sorting the funding out but just a matter of when rather than if, with more Motogymkhana's this year.

In terms of just practicing with a few cones on an empty car park then helps if you've got the businesses' approval, but training schools do it all the time and if your bikes road legal then can't see any problems.  :thumb:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 19:54:17 »
Great stuff. How's the Skills For Life going?
Is is the full green badge and requiring an annual fee?

I'm thinking it might be on the cards for me next, but with my track day, moto gymkhana day and trip to Aberystwyth coming up, if I do too much more biking stuff I'll be living in the garage with it.

How often do you go out on the rides and how much petrol contributions are you expected to give?
Cheers

Offline Jay2

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 17:57:24 »
Hiya Bigpie,

Think annual subs is something daft like £5-£10, but don't hold me to that.  With the Skill for Life you get the first year chucked in, so get all the IAM offers, discounts and membership included, so not had to pay anything extra yet.  Once you pass the Skill for Life then you get the green badge, matching sticker for your bike and become a full member.  Completely optional if you want to keep up with the IAM subs after 12months.  So at the moment its only £69 instead of the full £139 for riders in South Yorkshire.

With the Rotherham lot then its usually customary to pay for your instructors lunch, never been asked about contributing for their petrol, and if there is a couple of you out with an instructor you usually just take it in turns to pay.  So some weekends nothing to pay apart from your own petrol and grub.

Both Sheffield and Rotherham groups go out every Saturday, with optional ride-outs in the week once the nights get lighter.  But up-to-you when you can actually make it, no set targets, you pretty much have 12months to pass.  Mine's been a bit stop/start with working events on weekends, so the instructors are used to it and usually set you some homework or things to practice on.  Getting down to the nitty gritty with my instructor, so hopefully a practice assessment in next few weeks.

You can just nip down to their meets on Saturday mornings for a chat or they will even take you out for free on a half-hour assessment and talk through your riding and what they can help with.  When you can fit it in with everything else mate then just drop us a PM and more than happy to meet up and introduce you to the Rotherham lot.  :thumb:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 10:14:47 »
Will do. Thanks