Author Topic: Barkbusters BHG31 Handguards  (Read 2206 times)

Offline frez

Barkbusters BHG31 Handguards
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:12:43 »
1. First Impressions/Unboxing Impressions

The handguards come in a cardboard box with the fittings contained in plastic bags within. They looked pretty big and substantial.

2. Initial Setup/Installation

Installation was pretty stress free. I needed to loosen the left mirror and slide it along the bars a little. Getting the expanding part of the Barkbusters that goes inside the handle bars to open up correctly was a little tricky, but I found getting it started before putting it in the handlebars to be the best technique.

3. Real World Testing (how did it perform)

You still get wind chill across the back of your hands so don't expect these to be the only things needed in winter. They do keep bugs, light rain, and stones off your gloves. They do protect well versus car wing mirrors.

4. Specs & Other noteworthy facts

They are basically plastic shields screwed to a substantial aluminium frame. You could remove the plastic shields during summer if you wanted.

5. Tester's Opinion (summary)

They are the strongest handguards I have seen, and from that respect will give your hands excellent protection. The only downside to them is their cost, which is, like the handguards, substantial.

6. Star Rating

I give them   :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: -->  for value for money.

7. Pictures

Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650