Author Topic: Guess the location?  (Read 1374 times)

firestrom

Guess the location?
« on: May 19, 2010, 16:15:59 »
Been out on the wee this afternoon for a few hours and did some nice scenic roads. I stopped and took this photo with my mobile. Can you name where it is? It is quite a famous location. It is oop north.

Offline Fenris

Re: Guess the location?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 16:17:10 »
I'm sure I've been there, on the other side. Is it a reservoir in the Peak District?

Edit: Ladybower?

Edit 2:

Dug through my photos, other side of this?

GPX750 > GS500 > Hornet 600 > DL1000

Offline JonStrom

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 16:50:51 »
Close. The photo looks correct but I think it's called Howden Reservoir. Which is little furhter up the valley. What a beautiful place! And you get to ride around that neck of the woods regularly? Good stuff!

Jon

firestrom

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 17:04:33 »
your both very very close :thumb:  it is indeed the other side of your photo fenris, the actual reservoir is Derwent and the towers in the photo are the dam wall which were used as practice runs for the dambusters raid. Just a little further up the road is the famous snake pass a truly fantastic bit of tarmac. Jonstrom, it is a beautiful place and is right on my door step so to speak, a 20 minute ride and I'm in the derbyshire peak district. A couple more for you.

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 17:20:15 »
Quality photos.

Great when you hit the wee back roads tehre, eh, while all the 'bikers' are queued on the 50 limit snake pass, the discerning weestrom owner is hitting the good roads, at speed, and with little to no traffic.

woohoo.

Offline jaminben

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 14:04:56 »
my mates and I actully play this 'game' on our bikes - sad I know.

but we get out on the bike and take a pic somewhere, the others then have to find the location take a pic to prove it and then take one somewhere else.

gets us out all over the place and passes the time nicely
jaminben