Author Topic: Playing safe  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Biccy Monster

Playing safe
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:27:10 »
Hello,

As the weather improves the odds are we will all be posting more pics of our grand 'strom-based-adventures' so not to let some toerag ruin it I have a couple of suggestion for staying "Internet safe"

1- blank out your number plates in pictures, various free search engines will tell bike theives you strom is a low mileage, one careful owner thieves dream. Not only that but you may start receiving speeding and parking tickets if they choose to clone the plates instead...not to mention the horrors if your number plate is on a motorbike used in a armed robbery?

2- try to avoid describing your home location to precisely in your profile, as just one parting pic taken by the Mrs as you leave the driveway on that grand trip , matched with a precise location detail could see you earning avisit from your local Internet savvy bike thief.
3- please be careful when posting videos of your rides, they're great but as well as the repeat of the above two points, it is nit unheard of for less scrupulous members of the constabulary to examin the video and work out you exact speed, how?! You ask.... Well simple physics and maths the time between any two solid and stationary objects can be measured against their distance apart...producing a nasty letter in the post.

Sorry to scare munger I just want us all to have a great summer without the above grief. Dave

Hope this keeps you all a little safer and hasn't bored the giblets out of you.

Dave
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer!