Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Clothing

Caberg Tourmax

(1/3) > >>

crump:
Need a new helmet (so does the missus). Anyone tried these? My last couple of helmets have been Caberg and I like them, decent quality, pretty comfy and good value.
Will try a load on before I buy but just wanted to see if anyone here has one.

The Doctor 46:
Sortsbikeshop sent me an email the other day with Caberg helmets or helmet in a sale. They are an excellent company to deal with. Sorry I can't give more detail as I deleted the email because there is nothing I need right now.  :thumb:

crump:
I use sportsbikeshop quite a lot, like them, also J & S

purplebikeunicorn:
My instructor used a Tourmax, swore by it when asking him.

Unfortunately I've got a strange shaped head, so none of the Caberg flip fronts fit me (Duke/Tourmax I believe are the same helmet underneath)... left me with my HJC full face!

NeilM:
I use a Duke, which is the same helmet minus the peak.

I am on my second, this one is a Duke II which I think has a bit more room in the area of your chin.

I do a bit of touring, so tend to ride for 6 to 8 hours a day for a week or more at a time and I have never had any discomfort of hot spots from wearing the Duke. They are supposed to be noisy but I have a GIVI screen and I always wear ear plugs and on my usual A / B road routes I don't notice any significant noise.

However, I recently did an enforced 450 mile motorway ride home from Scotland and at times I could hear a bit more wind noise, but at the time I was riding with the visor up as I have a nice bubble of calm air behind the screen and during the long ride, I was doing all I could to keep myself alert.

I don't find the helmet heavy, I have an older Schuberth which I rarely wear but which is possibly heavier.

I looked at the Tourmax when I decided it was time to replace my first Duke, but sportsbikeshop had the Duke II on offer so I was happy to live without the peak.

Also, check out what Sharp think of the Duke (and by association the Tourmax) safety was one of my considerations when I bought my original Duke, having a five start Sharp rating gave me a lot of confidence in the helmet.

In short, I like mine, I have ridden over 15,000 miles wearing Duke's and would happily have another one if mine needed replacing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version