Author Topic: Thinking about a scorpion exhaust.  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Ralph

Thinking about a scorpion exhaust.
« on: April 01, 2015, 13:38:36 »
To reiterate; I'm looking for a different exhaust for my DL650. I've been reading (on this forum) about a Scorpion exhaust Here
Main reason is the stock is too quiet. I (and sometimes those pesky cyclists :neen: ) can't hear me coming up, so goodness knows how a car is supposed to hear me.
Also, the scorpion looks kind of meant for the bike.
in addition to this I read it adds some BHP to the bike, which is advantageous.

But I was wondering what you all thought and would it void my warranty fitting a new exhaust? (or having one fitted by a dealership)..  

thanks in Advance.

Ralph.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Thinking about a scorpion exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 13:46:33 »
Suzuki warranty?  Isn't your's about to run out anyway? Also you've linked to the 1000cc exhaust so don't buy that one for your 650...

I don't have one but they do look nice  :thumb:

Offline Ralph

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 16:18:46 »
This one for a 650.

Would have thought they'd be the same thing, but only using it as an example anyway :P.

I believe I have a two years warranty with it. but I wouldn't imagine it would void it if fitted by a professional? I don't know, if anyone else has had any similar experiences?

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 16:58:24 »
New bikes come with a 2 year warranty from date of first sale. If yours is a 2012 then the warranty would have expired unless it was purchased in the small period (Sept 2012 onwards) where Suzuki extended it to three years or you've purchased an extended warranty. If you bought it second hand then you normally get the balance or whatever warranty the dealer gives (usually between 3-6 months).

I'm not sure about whether an exhaust would invalidate a warranty - I guess it would depend on the claim and whether the exhaust could have potentially contributed. For example, Suzuki say you don't have to use a Suzuki dealer to service your bike and it won't invalidate the warranty, unless the warranty claim relates to the service. Whether that means if your engine seized later they would say it was down to the service...  :shrug:

Personally I wouldn't worry about it and would just buy the exhaust and fit myself but if you get a Suzuki dealer to fit it then I doubt they could argue it invalidates any warranty (unless the dealer tells you it will at the time of installation)

Offline petestrom

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 20:58:53 »
If you have a centrestand it might be worth checking if there is a facility for the stop for the stand included in the kit.
Pete

Make someone's day, it'll come back to you sometime.