Author Topic: Beowulf Exhausts - now with video!  (Read 15916 times)

Offline badger 1050

Re: Beowulf Exhausts - now with video!
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2009, 21:02:50 »
great hope you like them and the neighbours like them aswell

Offline encompassdrummer

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2009, 16:16:09 »
I never thought you would stoop so low as I did............well done  :welcome:  to the noise club
The Alpha Course..try it..and make your own mind up....it changed my life for the better
http://uk.alpha.org/

Offline markgsx

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 10:41:44 »
Do they not have a mounting to the link pipe on the footrest hanger like the OE pipes?

Offline stinkerbill

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 16:34:23 »
Nope

Offline markgsx

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 23:13:40 »
Just wondered.

Offline Backdraft

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2009, 00:00:14 »
If anyone is interested ......... just got a set of Beowulf fitted, more for the weight saving (significant) then anything else - went for the slightly longer ones because alledgedly the 1000 exhaust pulses are hard on the internals of all exhausts and the bigger they are the longer they may last?  In my opinion they look nicer than the standard pipes and the carbon caps finishes them off nicely.  Build quality is good considering the price and the lifetime warranty is a nice touch.  Noise - what a difference, with the baffles in they sound deep, purposeful and entertaining, changes the very nature of the bike - but the good news is that at cruising speeds the sound lowers and it just becomes a background 'thrum' which is good for distance work.  Baffles out ..... if you want to hear what a Ducati on open race cans sounds like then just pop round and ignore the badge on the tank - I rode past my girlfriends house who had her windows closed and TV on and the text message read 'that better not be you!', not for the faint hearted but fun never the less. Fuelling seems OK with a small flat spot at 3750rpm but a much more prenounced pull past 6000rpm.  It may be all in the mind but I think that the weight saving helps the rear suspension do less work and seems to have balanced the bike a bit better, who knows .........
life is for living

Offline VstromDan1000

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2009, 22:04:51 »
Quote from: "Backdraft"
If anyone is interested ......... just got a set of Beowulf fitted, more for the weight saving (significant) then anything else - went for the slightly longer ones because alledgedly the 1000 exhaust pulses are hard on the internals of all exhausts and the bigger they are the longer they may last?  In my opinion they look nicer than the standard pipes and the carbon caps finishes them off nicely.  Build quality is good considering the price and the lifetime warranty is a nice touch.  Noise - what a difference, with the baffles in they sound deep, purposeful and entertaining, changes the very nature of the bike - but the good news is that at cruising speeds the sound lowers and it just becomes a background 'thrum' which is good for distance work.  Baffles out ..... if you want to hear what a Ducati on open race cans sounds like then just pop round and ignore the badge on the tank - I rode past my girlfriends house who had her windows closed and TV on and the text message read 'that better not be you!', not for the faint hearted but fun never the less. Fuelling seems OK with a small flat spot at 3750rpm but a much more prenounced pull past 6000rpm.  It may be all in the mind but I think that the weight saving helps the rear suspension do less work and seems to have balanced the bike a bit better, who knows .........

I agree with all of the above :thumb:
seriously loud but what a difference.  I've had mine a while now and never get tired of them.  By far the best pipes for the strom :thumb:  :thumb:
CALM DOWN AND CARRY ON

4 wheels carry the body, 2 wheels carry the soul

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline jenky9r

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2009, 21:14:29 »
I've bought a set of stainless 380mm. Great sound, loads lighter and look good too. Got them from moore speed racing in poole who were exceptionally helpfull and gave me some discount. Recommend the exhausts and the shop.    :thumb:

Offline Mr. T

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2010, 21:11:02 »
So for my K5 1000, are you all recommending the 380mm or longer ones, what's the best price anyone has got, and how easy are they for a bloke who know about both ends of a hammer to fit!?
Mr.T a "Dad-cabs" veteran, available at competitive rates and, apparently,  24/7 * 365!!

Offline VstromDan1000

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 17:05:04 »
for me, its the 380 stubbies!

I think they finish the back end of the bike off perfectly.  

I'm as mechanically minded as a one armed, bind, senile gibbon, but I fitted mine with ease.

Prices jump around but check out the MCN show or similar in your area and you’ll get a good price.  The saving you make will have to be spent on ear plugs!
CALM DOWN AND CARRY ON

4 wheels carry the body, 2 wheels carry the soul

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, 17:27:38 »
Those carbon end caps look great, they really set the can's off - sound good too. It's got to be money well spent   :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline strom trooper

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 20:27:07 »
I agree with all of the above :thumb:
seriously loud but what a difference.  I've had mine a while now and never get tired of them.  By far the best pipes for the strom :thumb:  :thumb:

I'm sorry but I'll have to go for the arrow system :sarc:

These are nice looking cans well finished. like the carbon tail pieces.
 :thumb:
 Anything would be lighter than originals they are real heavy muthas.
v-twins the only configuration a bike engine should come in.