Author Topic: Black Widow Exhaust  (Read 5611 times)

Offline daveywww

• Bike: DL650 K8
Black Widow Exhaust
« on: June 21, 2019, 17:49:46 »
I quite like the look of some of these, and they seem reasonably priced. Was going to press the button and then I saw some bloke on YouTube slating them, saying it doesn’t one up with the fixing points etc.
Just wondered if anyone has any views or experience of them. Cheers

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
Re: Black Widow Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 18:52:50 »
I don't have any personal experience with their exhaust systems for the Vstrom but years ago when I was part of a CBR600 forum a lot of people had the misfortune of buying them and reported no end of fuelling and fitment issues.

If you're looking for a cheap exhaust system you would be far better off looking at Delkevic, I believe we have a discount available for members.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 19:01:49 »
I've fitted many black widow exhausts systems and in my opinion easily as good as delkevic.
Never had any fitting/running issues but as with aftermarket products when fitting you have to expect to give the product a little tweek here or there. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Paz324

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 22:19:41 »
Granted quality may of improved over the years but at least Delkevic is a UK company who are fairly easy to work with.

Back when "Black Widow" were called "Sandy Bike Spares" they ended up with such a bad reputation that they decided to rebrand, I'm not sure where their products are currently made but it all used to be mass produced Chinese junk that failed to copy the original equipment because they didn't have the facility to reliably weld important sections of pipework, for example balancing pipes between cylinders.

I personally wouldn't touch anything they sell.

Offline daveywww

• Bike: DL650 K8
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 16:13:43 »
If I get one, think I’ll lean towards Delkevic now. Thanks for your thoughts.
I want one, but at the moment, I’m struggling to justify £250. On the to do list at some point. Be honest. Is it worth it ?

Offline Paz324

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 16:33:01 »
The discount code AHPDKIT17 still works on Delkevics own website, I believe its for free P&P + 10% off..

can't comment on aftermarket exhausts for the DL650 but there should be plenty of happy customers lurking on this forum.

Offline sjrainsford

• Bike: DL650 L4 and 2008 Vespa GTS300 Super
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 08:14:54 »
The Delkevic has made a nice difference to my 2014 650.  It's really improved the sound (main reason for purchase) and is naturally much smaller than the bazooka that is standard fit.
It's altered the power band slightly I'd say and highlighted the sudden roll off in power towards higher rpm.  But I think this is because it gives better mid range pull at 5K to 7k rpm, so the drop in power above 8K is a little more noticable.

Offline old git

• Bike: DL1000 L6, BMW R1250RT
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 20:00:25 »
I've got a Delkevic on my 1000. Much better to look at and a better note than standard IMO, but not really any louder. No performance difference that I notice one way or another. Great value for money if you're looking to change.

Offline Mep

• Bike: DL1000GT K8
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 22:36:49 »
My Vee had a pair of Black Widows fitted by the previous owner. I don't know how long they have been on for. They sound great and look good. On inspection they appear fine. Time will tell though. I'm more than happy to continue using them.

Offline Pete O Tube

• Bike: DL1000AL8, Triumph 765 Street Triple R, Sym MaxSym 600i
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 11:53:51 »
I have a pair of Black Widow cans/link pipes for sale, if anyone's interested - £115 including UK mainland carriage.

Offline Caffs

• Bike: BMW R1200GSA
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 18:35:59 »
I have a brand new Black Widow GP exhaust and link pipe for 2014/19 finished in black fitted 4 days ago, sounds great but its not for me. It comes with all the original packing and fixings plus install instructions (I'm going back to the standard can) £130 plus postage. Message me if your interested I have posted a YouTube clip of you want to see it it's the 350mm Road legal model 

Offline MCVSTROM1000XT

• Bike: Vstrom1000xt Royal Enfield Bullet Trials Replica 500
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 08:50:53 »
I recently changed back to the stock can after using a black widow for a few months. Although it sounded and looked great, the engine seemed to run hot. The stock can definitely gives more torque and I personally feel that the pick up is better.

Offline Champy72

• Bike: Triumph Tiger Explorer, MRE Norton Commando classic racing sidecar, Suzuki V-Strom DL 650 2019
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 21:51:53 »
I'm looking for a decat exhaust (more power etc.,), and it seems Delkevic are the only ones who offer these.
Also looking to eliminate the O2 sensors to allow better fuel supply on demand...
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space...

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 16:49:53 »
I would agree with you MCvstrom. I had a Fuel can on my 14 and it never ran well and was to loud, I changed that to a Remus and it ran OK but during lock down I put the standard back on so as not to be heard out when I maybe shouldn't have been and the bike ran better, better pick, more torque and smoother a 80mph, I've not put the Remus back on again.

Offline Dazzarati

• Drop a gear and disappear
  • Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 02:53:49 »
I have a black widow can on mine and can report that it was easy to fit and has had no impact on the running of the bike. I like the upgrade and think it has a much nicer sound without being to loud and also looks so much better than the stock can.
Some times I only go there so I can come back.

Dazzarati...........🏍💨