Author Topic: Thunder Road Motorcycles, Bridgend, South Wales  (Read 1809 times)

Offline SgtSmash

Thunder Road Motorcycles, Bridgend, South Wales
« on: August 28, 2009, 13:01:14 »
Firstly, I have to say that I've always found Thunder Road to be a bit pricey on accessories and bike sales.

BUT, and its a big but,  I have always been really pleased with their servicing department.

When some lady kindly assisted to the floor whilst I was riding my Honda CBR6, Thunder Road (TR) were brilliant.  Chivvied along the insurance assessor and sorted out the damage to my bike, (plus a few other scratches that needed doing) very very quickly.  Was well pleased.

As you may be aware,  I had a bit of an issue with popping and surging (see the relevant post under Maintenance - General) and following bad experiences with my local car dealer, I was a bit apprehensive that TR would find the problem and fix it.  Like VStromDan1000, my money was on "Sorry, it didn't do it for our technician" or "They all do it" or "It's a big v-twin."

Anyway - I digress.

I bought a service plan from TR (to avoid any hefty labour charges and the next service is the biggy with valve clearances checked etc).

I booked the bike in for a service and told them about the problem.  TR offered to come and pick the bike up from me or I could have a courtesy bike.  I opted for a day off work and a courtesy bike! I took the Vee in - spoke to the Service desk blokey as per my appointment time and the mechanic was actually at the desk waiting for me.  This is the first time I've actually met the mechanic who would be looking after my bike, and strangely it filled me with a bit more confidence because I hoped that the work the mechanic would be doing would be a bit more personal as he knew who the rider of the bike was etc as opposed to a nameless and anonymous customer (if that makes sense).  He was a really nice chap - explained the problem to him and he said "yeah, we've heard of a couple of these doing this" and rattled off some explanations all of which were above my mechanical expertise which is limited to lubing the chain!

Into the garage it went at 10am.  A hearty breakfast was had in the on site cafe (reasonably priced, big portions!) and then the courtesy bike.  A brand new Suzuki gladius. Not my choice of courtesy bike, but brand new (run in at least).

A few hours on the courtesy bike and TR phoned to say the Vee was ready for collection.  Turned up, the mechanic who worked on my bike was waiting for me, and explained in depth what he had done.  (I've mentioned it more on the maintenance forum).  I was really chuffed.  Not so chuffed that they said I need a new back tyre  :GRR: But, £103 fitted for a rear Tourance can't be bad.

They fixed the problem, serviced the bike, cleaned it and the customer service was brilliant.  

Big thumbs up to TR on this occasion  :clap:  :thumb:
"Reading isn't an occupation we encourage amongst Police Officers. We try to keep paperwork down to a minimum" -Orten.

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket." - Anon .

Offline power-strom

Re: Thunder Road Motorcycles, Bridgend, South Wales
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 17:07:34 »
just bought my 2nd bike from thunder road , First bike was DL650 yr ago . Just changed it for a DL1000 57 ,Customer care was brilliant .  Staff were really helpfull , Very happy with their service  :clap: