Author Topic: GPR Exhausts on my Vee  (Read 3087 times)

Offline dogpuf

GPR Exhausts on my Vee
« on: September 09, 2009, 22:48:58 »
I have just bought and fitted a pair of GPR stainless Grand Prix Evolution silencers to my V-Strom. Chuffing brilliant there are aswell - Superb quality, latest design, sounds brill, went on like a breeze and a bit different from the usual selection of Cans

I wanted a set of premium cans but as Little Bro (Marble600) had already got Akraponics fitted to his KLV I didn't want to be samey so I started looking at alternatives. I had Quill Evo 2 cans on my KLV and while I was very pleased with them they have messed me about more recently on an exhaust for my GS and Little Bro reported a long delay the last time he dealt with them. On my Yellow Vee k3 I had managed to source a pair of GPR's from a East German bike shop for a good price. I was blown away with the quality of these cans and tried to find another set but I think they stopped making them as they are no longer on GPR's website. I went into investigate mode and looked at all the different cans available and I kept coming back to these latest GPR's. Problem was that they are expensive so I put the idea on hold until out of the blue I got an offer of a new set of cans with a big discount off RRP so boom I was hooked and I bought them.

They are  hand made in Italy by GPR, both silencers come with a removable db reducer and a removable baffle. This allows you to run the bike in three separate conditions. Road legal with both devices fitted, a more sporty sound with the baffle removed or full race with both devices removed. Total flexibility. I have left them as standard and they are loud enough, save a ton of weight over stock and IMO look the dogs

I have managed to source a Power Commander off Powerful Pete so I am going to get Little Bro to fit it along with a K&N air filter and I will report back on the results.

Pictures :-
Current bike - Blue

One of Blue and Little Bro's KLV

My ex KLV with Quills

Last but not least my ex Vee with GPR's
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline MARBLE600

Re: GPR Exhausts on my Vee
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 12:23:25 »
Quote from: "dogpuf"
but as Little Bro (Marble600) had already got Akraponics  ]

'Akraponics' :shrug:  what the feck are them big bro  :wtf:   :grin:

The GPR's are the biz  :thumb:
KLV1000 A2H plus Madstad bracket with sports screen, Corbin touring seat,Remus revolution alloy slip ons ,PC3, K&N filter, migsel mount, R&G frame sliders, rox risers, renthal bars, fork brace,carbon fibre rear hugger, goodridge hoses..

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 19:34:30 »
Those tapered GPR's are the dog's ! I like lots  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 19:42:55 »
Nice  :thumb:

Feel the fear and do it anyway

Offline screech

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 14:58:08 »
Not much good for 2 up, no pillion pegs!
Live for today, tomorrow never comes!

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:00 »
Quote from: "screech"

Just for you screech I've put them back on - I have realised also that if I drop me bike without the rear footpegs fitted my expensive much loved GPR's will take a right bashing  :shock:

C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline MARBLE600

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:57:02 »
Quote from: "dogpuf"
Quote from: "screech"

Just for you screech I've put them back on - I have realised also that if I drop me bike without the rear footpegs fitted my expensive much loved GPR's will take a right bashing  :shock:

Looks better aswell IMHO big bro :thumb:
KLV1000 A2H plus Madstad bracket with sports screen, Corbin touring seat,Remus revolution alloy slip ons ,PC3, K&N filter, migsel mount, R&G frame sliders, rox risers, renthal bars, fork brace,carbon fibre rear hugger, goodridge hoses..