Author Topic: Suzuki Vario Screen  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Joy Strom

• Bike: DL1000XT
Suzuki Vario Screen
« on: January 05, 2020, 19:41:43 »
Hello all

A bit of info...

I’ve just purchased a 2019 XT1000 in blue (the one with blue wheels).

Upon purchase I had a little moan about a couple of marks on the screen. The sales chap said no problem and promptly set about changing a screen from a new donor bike. Hitch... donor bike had a slightly different screen which wouldn’t fit on mine. Thought some mind find that helpful.

Anyway I’ve decided to purchase a genuine Suzuki vario touring screen. Can anyone advise if the touring screen comes with its own black mounting fasteners/bolts as shown in the brochure. The mounting bolts for my standard screen are stainless looking.

Offline IMP

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
Re: Suzuki Vario Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 13:27:05 »
I cannot recall whether mine came with new bolts or whether I used the existing ones. However, what I can tell you is that it is a great improvement, once you get the vario blade positioned for your height and reach!

Offline Joy Strom

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 18:16:25 »
Thanks for the input, the Suzuki vario will be the screen I’ll be choosing. Just looking at images online of its fitting, it certainly looks more naturally raked back than the standard screen; this can only but help in providing a combination of decent protection but also smoother air onto the rider.

Offline Joy Strom

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 07:06:20 »
So fitted the Suzuki vario screen at the weekend... this is the screen Suzuki should be fitting as standard. It’s beyond me why manufacturers do this but anyway it’s given me the air management I wanted and needed.  Far smoother airflow and so much quieter.  Fitted in the middle position and raked back towards me is perfect. I’m six ft tall.

Offline IMP

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:37 »
Glad that you are happy with it!

I am 5ft 9ins and I , too, got a good position for me. Gets rid of pretty well all of the turbulence, for me - although wind noise is still an issue. However, with ear plugs in, this is not a problem.