Author Topic: Caberg Tourmax  (Read 1181 times)

Offline crump

• Bike: DL650XT L5, Yamaha FJR1300
Caberg Tourmax
« on: June 17, 2023, 14:59:34 »
Need a new helmet (so does the missus). Anyone tried these? My last couple of helmets have been Caberg and I like them, decent quality, pretty comfy and good value.
Will try a load on before I buy but just wanted to see if anyone here has one.

Online The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Caberg Tourmax
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 19:57:30 »
Sortsbikeshop sent me an email the other day with Caberg helmets or helmet in a sale. They are an excellent company to deal with. Sorry I can't give more detail as I deleted the email because there is nothing I need right now.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline crump

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 23:22:54 »
I use sportsbikeshop quite a lot, like them, also J & S

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 02:58:18 »
My instructor used a Tourmax, swore by it when asking him.

Unfortunately I've got a strange shaped head, so none of the Caberg flip fronts fit me (Duke/Tourmax I believe are the same helmet underneath)... left me with my HJC full face!

Offline NeilM

• Bike: DL650A L4
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 06:44:41 »
I use a Duke, which is the same helmet minus the peak.

I am on my second, this one is a Duke II which I think has a bit more room in the area of your chin.

I do a bit of touring, so tend to ride for 6 to 8 hours a day for a week or more at a time and I have never had any discomfort of hot spots from wearing the Duke. They are supposed to be noisy but I have a GIVI screen and I always wear ear plugs and on my usual A / B road routes I don't notice any significant noise.

However, I recently did an enforced 450 mile motorway ride home from Scotland and at times I could hear a bit more wind noise, but at the time I was riding with the visor up as I have a nice bubble of calm air behind the screen and during the long ride, I was doing all I could to keep myself alert.

I don't find the helmet heavy, I have an older Schuberth which I rarely wear but which is possibly heavier.

I looked at the Tourmax when I decided it was time to replace my first Duke, but sportsbikeshop had the Duke II on offer so I was happy to live without the peak.

Also, check out what Sharp think of the Duke (and by association the Tourmax) safety was one of my considerations when I bought my original Duke, having a five start Sharp rating gave me a lot of confidence in the helmet.

In short, I like mine, I have ridden over 15,000 miles wearing Duke's and would happily have another one if mine needed replacing.
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline crump

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 08:36:10 »
Been trying helmets last few weeks, couldn't find a Tourmax locally (or a Duke, which is my current helmet) like you I find the Cabergs fit me well, had 2 in the past. Trying again today.

Offline Ridaz

• Site Donator
  • Bike: Africa Twin 2017, TTR 250 2004, VF 750F-D Interceptor 1983
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 09:18:17 »
I use a Tourmax and no strong opinion either way to be honest.

Fairly light and snug, room for a cheap bt intercom but a challenge attaching the unit to the outside as they are designed for an integrated system.

If you are not used to a peak on your helmet it does give a little head lift at speed but as long as your screen projects the airflow you should be good.

I would buy another.

Offline Spadger2

• Bike: 2020 Suzuki DL650 ,2010 Honda NT700 Deauville
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 10:51:55 »
I know this is an old thread but though I'd make a couple of points:-
I have a Tourmax and a Duke 2.
The Tourmax is a Duke 2 with a peak which can be removed,I bought the T/max as a winter helmet thinking the peak would help in low sun scenarios,it doesn't,so I removed it and put a strip of black tape along the top of the visor which is far more effective.

I find both helmets a good fit and easy and intuitive to use though the flip down sunvisor is a little  harder to reach with the slider being on top of the helmet but easy to find after a few times wearing.The plus is both helmets come with a Pinlock anti fog fitted to the visor which is great.
The only negative is if you have a potruding chin as the helmet is close fitting in the jaw area.
Both helmets get the best safety ratings,are light and not too noisy.
Trying to keep an open mind

Offline crump

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 11:37:37 »
I really like Caberg helmets, they seem to fit me perfectly straight out the box.
When I started this thread I was looking at the Tourmax but couldn't get one so ended up  with a HJC, it took a while to get it to fit comfy but was fine eventually.
Interested to read that the peak doesn't help with the low sun as that was one of the reasons I was interested in it.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 12:10:21 »
I was also thinking of one of these for low sun. Will have to try electrical tape across the top of the visor instead  :thumb:

Offline Phild

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1050XT
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 16:40:17 »
I was in SportBike Shop, Bristol, today.

I have a Duke II, so thought I’d give the Tourmax a go. They only had the Tourmax X in store, but it’s £100 more than the Tourmax.

Felt no different to my Duke II, nice graphics. But I can live without them and the peak that does nothing. 👍