Author Topic: ContiTrail Attacks??  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Biccy Monster

ContiTrail Attacks??
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:07 »
Hello,

Has anyone tried these on the Vee? (or even the Wee?)

I'm splashing out on a new set and can't decide what's best?! help!!!

Dave
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer!

Offline stevekguy

Re: ContiTrail Attacks??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 17:39:41 »
I read a review in a German bike magazine which said they were excellent in the dry but only 3/5 in the wet. Rules them out for me I'm afraid.

Offline injuredbob

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 20:47:20 »
Have recently put a set on my vee,Just returned from the ulster gp,riding with a couple of 'blades' etc some very 'spirited' riding,found them surprisingly good considering the tread pattern/depth,even when they eventually do let go its not suddenly or harsh.Havn't used them in the wet yet though.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am!

firestrom

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 21:43:21 »
Let go in the dry? feks me, I'll not be trying them then, I've never had a tyre let go in the dry.

Offline Eric The Viking

• I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list!
  • Bike: Suzuki GSX 650 F, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 19:08:30 »
Just put a set on the Vee, seems alot more 'planted' and  posıtve, fıne ın the damp early mornıng wıth no dramas but I don't push ıt to the same degree as rıdıng ın the dry, Treated wıth respect I'm sure they'll be fıne.
Keep The Shiny Side Up And Your Helmet Polished

Honda SS50, Kawasaki KH250 B2, Honda CB400/4 F2, Kawasaki KE125, Honda CB250N Super Dream, Yamaha RD250, Honda CB250N Super Dream (again), Honda CB750/4 F2, Kawasaki ZZR1100 D7, Suzuki V Strom DL650 K8, Suzuki V Strom DL1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 650F, Piaggio Fly 125, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA, Mini-Moto Ducati replica.

Offline FisioRob

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 22:52:02 »
I had a pair of these put on my Wee an month ago and after 1000 miles in all weathers and all types of road (from torrential downpours along twisting roads along the North Devon coast to glorious sunshine along the M5) I can only say great things about them.

For starters they inspire much more confidence than the originals (even when new on and the roads were uber greasy). Secondly the grip is a thousands times better and they turn in so much sharper. no matter what the conditions they cope superbly at all speeds.

By far one of the best things I have done since getting my Wee  :lala:

Offline Sven

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 23:32:16 »
Quote from: "FisioRob"
I had a pair of these put on my Wee an month ago and after 1000 miles in all weathers and all types of road (from torrential downpours along twisting roads along the North Devon coast to glorious sunshine along the M5) I can only say great things about them.

For starters they inspire much more confidence than the originals (even when new on and the roads were uber greasy). Secondly the grip is a thousands times better and they turn in so much sharper. no matter what the conditions they cope superbly at all speeds.

By far one of the best things I have done since getting my Wee  :lala:

+1
Fully agree