Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Tyres

Now I'm a bit worried.!

(1/2) > >>

blackops:
Just got my 2008 wee with nearly new Trailwings on or Deathwings as some people call them only going to use the bike on tarmac mainly for touring holidays.Not done a lot mileage on it as yet and the tyres seem OK having said that I'm not a knee down power ranger sort of rider! Now I'm paranoid well quite worried to be frank as I mainly ride 2 up with my wife and if we did have a spill I would be hard pressed to get her on the bike again.I am seriously thinking of putting a pair of anakees on.

Oldie:
I was worried by the various "Deathwing" posts as well although after 70 miles yesterday in the wet and dry, I couldn't fault them - until I swung into my gravel driveway and I had a bit of a twitch! Seem fine to me.

Dracula:
I never had a problem with trailwings 2 up and fully loaded. I would have replaced like for like but couldn't get hold of any, so put battlewings on.

Juvecu:
Don't worry too much, some people find them to be great, tyres are such a personal thing. What I would recommend is that you make sure you don't run too high front pressures and take it easy on low speed (crawling, 1st gear) type turns until you are sure the front isn't going to give out under you.

dogpuf:
Don't worry although they got the name 'Ditch Wings' I think they are just a tad harder compound than the alternatives. They seen to last well and if your a steady away rider They'll have plenty of grip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version