Author Topic: Pirelli angel gt  (Read 879 times)

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Pirelli angel gt
« on: July 31, 2023, 11:07:16 »
Anyone used Pirelli Angel gt's on a Vstrom? Not badly priced at the moment at around 200 quid a set mail order. Normally use Michelin roads but with short rear tyre life and the expense I'm looking an alternative.

Offline porter

Re: Pirelli angel gt
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 16:22:55 »
Well the front GT turned up today. Looks like a nice tyre, not to many groves so I'd guess not as good as a Roatd 5-6 in the rain but at 88quid I'll slow down a bit!
  I'll get it fitted in a few weeks but I'll be leaving the old road 2 on for a few thousand miles yet then change to the rear GT.
 Though an old design tyre the front was made in week 20 of 2023.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 21:38:25 »
I went into Protyre in Exeter today and asked the cost of the Angel GT fitted to my bike, DL650 2012. I was quoted over £200, if they could get them. When I got home I looked online and found Protyre sell them for £109 fitted?  :icon_exclaim:

I ordered the same from Demon Tweeks for £112 delivered. That was before seeing the Protyre online price but I'm happy with my decision. Yes, maybe I have cut my nose off to spite my face but I don't want to deal with Protyre, their prices seem to be picked out of thin air.  :roll:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 21:42:30 »
I had my Angel GT fitted to the rear today (half worn pilot road 6 on the front), after scrubbing in, which didn't take long, I road to a very fast twisty road and found the Angel GT to be as good as the pilot road 6 that it replaced though I haven't road it in the wet yet.

I'm not sure if there is a sport, sport tourer tyre that isn't good these days. It will be interesting to know how long it lasts but I hope it will do more miles than the Michelin, I'll see.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline porter

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 17:26:56 »
Done a few hundred miles now on the GT's, happy enough so far.  Dry grip is more than available ground clearance and while I've  not been out in the lashin rain I have hit a few damp patches and all was OK. I'd say not as good as Road 5's-6's in the wet but OK. They do steer very quickly compared to the Michelin's but a thousand miles will sort that out.
  So a good set of tyres for the money, only let down was the front tyre was made in week 11 23 and the rear week 33 19! Chance you take online I guess.