Author Topic: Is it me?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline John

Is it me?
« on: March 22, 2014, 16:37:34 »
I was talking to the Mrs yesterday and mentioned "ice blue jeans". She says she's never heard of them. Did I dream these, were they local to Cardiff, am I losing my mind again, were the 50's even better to me than the 60's? :shrug:  :crazy:  :old:
It's better to regret something you've done, than something you haven't done.

Offline Chris Graves

• Bike: V-Strom DL 650, ZZR 1100, Honda CRF250L
Re: Is it me?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 17:12:05 »
I remember them from the 60s and I also remember that my Mum wouldn't buy me a pair. I also remember bronze jeans with enormous turn ups. I can't remember what I did yesterday though.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 19:11:20 »
YES! Bronze jeans, they were bloody awful weren't they.
But skin tight ice blues with chisel toed, 3" cuban heel boots.......... I must have looked a dick. No change then. :lala:

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:21:14 »
as a skinhead in Wigan in the 70s   (by choice ,, not like the skin head I have now) you just had to have your Flemings ,,  http://www.flemingsjeansliverpool.com/about.html

worn short with highly polished oxblood Doc Martens,, I wish I had pictures but sadly not

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 15:20:36 »
Was a skinhead in the army, first by order, then by choice, (the only time I was told not to get my hair cut too short in the army). Levi's were the jeans of choice, but at that time the zips were chronic. Taff Griffiths had a zip go on a new pair so he put a bit of 'para' cord to lace them up. He was a strange boy, but a great mate.

Just thought, I became what was known as a suede head in about 67, I've got the same hairstyle now. :grin: , well maybe a little less. :bawl:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 17:14:52 »
As a grower upper in the '70's, may I throw the delight that was Oxford Bags. Topped off with a Ben Sherman with a "penny round" collar.

Why on earth would anyone wear trousers with eleventeen buttons on a waist band that went up to your armpits and pockets by your knees?
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Tusker

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 17:26:28 »
Quote from: "TLPower"
As a grower upper in the '70's, may I throw the delight that was Oxford Bags. Topped off with a Ben Sherman with a "penny round" collar.

Why on earth would anyone wear trousers with eleventeen buttons on a waist band that went up to your armpits and pockets by your knees?

Did you wear your Harrington over the Sherman ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harrington-Jack ... B00B1G53T0

Offline TLPower

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 17:31:54 »
Quote from: "Tusker"
Did you wear your Harrington over the Sherman ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harrington-Jack ... B00B1G53T0

I did indeed, a blue one with a fetching tartan lining. A Blades scarf tied to my wrist. Class. Not.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Tusker

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 17:36:39 »
I will bet you owned a Crombie at some point !!!!  I know I did.. Red silk hankie in the top pocket  lol

Offline TLPower

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 18:00:04 »
Quote from: "Tusker"
I will bet you owned a Crombie at some point !!!!  I know I did.. Red silk hankie in the top pocket  ::):

I'm not that old. The big boys had Crombies. I did however wear Royals Brogues, both tan and black, with the obligatory steel corners on the heels. A bit more upmarket than blakeys or segs. A Slade fan. Then Punk, non of that disco sh*t thank you very much. :old:

Walter Rohrl.