Other Stuff > The Blue Oyster bar

Insurance renewal time again!

(1/3) > >>

Froglodyte:
Last year I had a multi-bike policy with Swinton for the V-Strom and the FJR. Last years price was £242. This year came in at £230. That was a bit of a surprise, considering most people are complaining that their premiums have gone up. I also paid around £30 last year for breakdown recovery with Emergency Assist (they have just emailed me to say they have offered me a "massive discount for my loyalty this year and charged me £39! WTF?). So my total for this year would have been £269. (I am an old fart and have full NCD)
I rang Lynbrook Insurance this morning (I had heard good things about them) and was quoted £215 for both bikes with full European breakdown and recovery. I then also got a 15% discount for being a BMW club member.
Guess who is getting my business this year and who is not!

Rookie:
That's a proper Brucie bonus.

Phild:
My insurance runs out on 2nd May. The company I’m with are no longer insuring bikes as policy holders policies expire.

I’d started doing some quotes and cheapest was coming in at just over £240.

100% No fault accident on 18th, that’s now jumped to over £430! Seems someone knocking me off my bike means I’M a higher risk.🤦‍♂️

purplebikeunicorn:
Yep! It's why it's always important to factor in 5 year price increases and tack that on to the claim (using your legal cover, if you have it, if needed). Bit useless after the claim is finalised but worth remembering!

Phild:
Already got several new quotes proving I’m being penalised for someone else’s mistake.

I’ll be talking to the Claim Management company about it. It will also cause my car insurance to go up.

I know I will be out of pocket overall, but I’ll be trying to minimise it as much as possible.👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version