Author Topic: ABS Light DL650  (Read 1141 times)

Offline jgscott

ABS Light DL650
« on: August 26, 2019, 08:56:20 »
Morning all,
My 650 has been garaged for a couple of years and now when out riding I get an ABS amber light come on when I start to speed up (20MPH+) and it stays on constantly. I have taken what I think are the sensors and given them a clean. I read on here that you can put the 650 in diagnostic mode that might show the fault in more detail?

Any advice and tips appreciated.

James.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: ABS Light DL650
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:38:40 »
I'm open to being shot down on this, but I think the diagnostic mode is for the ecu rather than the abs controller. My gut feeling is that the abs controller is not seeing an input from one of the wheel sensors, be it due to a faulty sensor or a corroded wiring connector. My faded memory has the thought that the main connector on the abs module can suffer from corrosion too. If all that fails then a trip to the dealer may be in order as the worst case scenario is that due to the bike being unsed for a long period means the abs unit itself is corroded internally. Brake fluid absorbs moisture over time.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 17:22:21 »
 :text-goodpost:.

Abs models can indeed seize up due to moisture in the brake fluid but that's worst case and as said check all connections.
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline MustafaDerya

• Bike: DL650 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 20:40:51 »
Hi all, this is Mustafa from Turkey, I faced same problem. Last winter I garaged my bike (DL650 2012 model year ) for about 6 month. I started ride in 2021 may, after around 20 minutes of ride ABS ligth appeares. I experienced in several ride. I was told that ABS wires connectors from two wheel readers may be corrosion, I spend a bottle of spray to the connectors but no achievement. Beside corrosion are there any solusion ? Thanks