Author Topic: Serve On  (Read 3512 times)

Offline thatbloke

Serve On
« on: May 19, 2014, 23:48:18 »
The following website isn't perfect as two charities have merged and they're still working on it, however I just wanted to mention Serve On (I checked with Fat Rat first), this page has the better pictures:

http://www.serveon.org.uk/community-resilience-teams/

The international response section trains teams to send to disasters as rapid deployment teams, such as to locate and rescue people from collapsed buildings in the immediate aftermath of an earthquake. The community response teams project has a broader goal of involving ex service people with communities and transferring skills, mentoring etc.

You don't have to be ex services to assist, they like to mix different skill sets together and there's details on the site if you'd like to get involved. The emergency response section is currently based in Hardwicke, Gloucester, about 80 seconds from the M5.

There's a lot of ongoing costs in training up response teams so if you know a good contact who works in an industry that might sponsor or support an emergency relief team (just little things like for instance, a protective equipment manufacturer who might supply face masks, a hand tools manufacturer, outdoor clothing...), then please drop me a pm to talk (or contact the charity directly).

Thanks
He who must not be named

Offline spanner

Re: Serve On
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 17:06:29 »
Hi.
Are you one of the this years new recruits? Good luck in your training, hope you do well and enjoy it.

Kev
FSIE, TS100, RD350LC YPVS, GPZ900R, Z750LTD, CB900BOL D'OR, RXS100,CB750KZ, BANDIT600 (x2), GSXR600. WEE.

Offline thatbloke

Re: Serve On
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 23:11:47 »
Quote from: "spanner"
Hi.
Are you one of the this years new recruits? Good luck in your training, hope you do well and enjoy it.

Kev

Sorry, I've neglected the forum. Yep. We have swift water rescue training this weekend coming.

This years selection event:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... ve-on.html

If you see someone on a Friday night heading towards Gloucester with an overladen DL650 and the riding skill/etiquette of an extra from Mad Max, that's me.
He who must not be named