Author Topic: Bike-Seal Motorcycle tyre sealant  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Oldleathers

• Bike: Yamaha Tracer 9
Bike-Seal Motorcycle tyre sealant
« on: December 05, 2021, 19:46:21 »
A few months back I put Bike-Seal in the tyres, Don't know if any of you blokes have seen the youtube vid on this but basically the owner of the company is banging nails and pointed chisels in the tyres spinning them and this stuff apparently stops the puncture straight away. So fooled by the vid I paid 30 quid for enough for the front and back tyres. Fast forward a few weeks and I get a 2mm nail in the back tyre, pulled it out and a few bubbles of the stuff came out but didn't stop the puncture, put some more air in the tyre, put the bike on the centre stand and spun the wheel in gear, still didn't seal. contacted the owner of bike seal and was told I did not understand the product Hmmmm and I had been rude to him in my email and don't contact him again...nice Contacted Infinity Motorcycles who issued me with a £30 voucher no quibble, good on em. Anyway don't waste your money on this stuff I know some of the other seals work but I went for Bike-Seal because it's water based and doesn't affect your rims, pity it doesn't work either. Rant over, this is my experience only, before I get sued.
Oldleathers   

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
Re: Bike-Seal Motorcycle tyre sealant
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 21:11:10 »
Lesson learnt there ...  :thumb:

Never use any liquid in your tyres , they're a waste of time.

Buy a decent temporary puncture repair kit to get you on your way..  :icon_wink:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Oldleathers

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 21:53:03 »
Yes ended up putting a bung in.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 21:55:51 »
It's a trend in mountain biking to run timeless with sealant in the tyres. You have to keep topping the sealant up as it dries out, and the new trend is to run foam inserts inside the tyres with the sealant as a backup  :shrug:

Offline Oldleathers

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 14:14:46 »
Apparently Nasa invented this stuff according to the blokes spiel, I don't think even Michael Jackson would trust this stuff on a moon walk, if he was still with us. :dance:

Oldleathers

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 16:20:11 »
Should work perfectly on the Moon then as with only 1/6th the gravity of Earth it would only be 1/6th as flat!
If I see a nail etc in my tyre I just leave it and try to make it home but also carry the rubber plugs and the screw in ones just incase I'm not lucky.

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 20:44:54 »
The irritating chap, Canada's answer to Henry Cole reviews the puncture repair solutions.
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey