Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Tyres

Michelin Road 6 wear?? 2014 1000

(1/3) > >>

AdvntureSi:
So.. nearly 2k on the Road 6.. the rear has a noticeable flat spot developing..
Apart from a single run down the A1 in the summer and back to Stevenage, and all local A roads in Lincolnshire, I find it very odd..  riding style no different to my Varadero, which has Avon Storms on, that has covered 4k in ownership with a few long motorway runs.. it hasn't got a noticeable flat spot..

I am off to France and Spain at end of May, is this bugger going to be worn out by the time I get there? 
Pressure are the stock 36/42
Some 2 up riding..
I do krank it over in the corners.. (mindful of spanking it in a straight line).

nigel s:
Not got a 1000,but reading what others have got tyre life wise,yeah, you will need a new one before the trip.Keep the partworn for an emergency back up.

I use road 6s ,but on a 650,and don't get any squaring off ,it seems to wear evenly, right down to the wear markers.The 650s run 33 front, 36 rear solo...maybe that is why?  :shrug:

porter:
That sounds about right to me. I've never used the 6 but the road 5's, trail or standard never lasted  me more than 4k miles.  Always got 5k from a road 3 or 4 and 6-7k miles from a Bridgestone a40-42.
 I really like the Michelin road's but the high price and low mileage is the reason I'm now on Pirelli angel gt's.

AdvntureSi:
Can't fault the grip and confidence, was tested on Sunday with he Dave Myers memorial run..  wasn't hanging about on the run up and the run home, encountered cool dry, warm dry, damp roads, wet and dry patches, lashing rain, with a howling wind all day.. 
4k.... Frell.. it's not like it's a sports bike..  Sure my bro was getting 4k using road attacks on his BMW 1000r hyper sports thingy. 
Couldn't get the Avon Storms of the Bridgestone at the time,  ah well..  A41 or conti road attack 4 next time. 
Looks like another Road 6 for the trip and bang this one back on to finish it off after.  Bloody expansive trip considering . 

AdvntureSi:
What about dropping on an Anakee road??
Supposed to be better lasting.. ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version