Author Topic: Beo Exhausts  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Backdraft

Beo Exhausts
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:37 »
If anyone is interested ......... just got a set of Beowulf fitted, more for the weight saving (significant) then anything else - went for the slightly longer ones because alledgedly the 1000 exhaust pulses are hard on the internals of all exhausts and the bigger they are the longer they may last? In my opinion they look nicer than the standard pipes and the carbon caps finishes them off nicely. Build quality is good considering the price and the lifetime warranty is a nice touch. Noise - what a difference, with the baffles in they sound deep, purposeful and entertaining, changes the very nature of the bike - but the good news is that at cruising speeds the sound lowers and it just becomes a background 'thrum' which is good for distance work. Baffles out ..... if you want to hear what a Ducati on open race cans sounds like then just pop round and ignore the badge on the tank - I rode past my girlfriends house who had her windows closed and TV on and the text message read 'that better not be you!', not for the faint hearted but fun never the less. Fuelling seems OK with a small flat spot at 3750rpm but a much more prenounced pull past 6000rpm. It may be all in the mind but I think that the weight saving helps the rear suspension do less work and seems to have balanced the bike a bit better, who knows .........
life is for living

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
Re: Beo Exhausts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:07:24 »
Come on Backdraft - Pictures needed!!! :grin:

Stu

Offline Backdraft

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 14:27:34 »
I had a feeling you would ask ! :grin:   As soon as it stops raining I will take some and try to put them on.
life is for living

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 13:16:22 »
Interesting you've noticed the difference in weight too. I've got a pair of Quill carbon oval's on my 'Strom and I've noticed it turns in a lot sharper, even with the top box on, which is nice.   :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Mr. T

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 21:02:05 »
So, any photos yet? Any confirmation of performance improvements - power or mpg?
Mr.T a "Dad-cabs" veteran, available at competitive rates and, apparently,  24/7 * 365!!

Offline Backdraft

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 23:29:00 »
As soon as I have worked out out to post the photos I will do so !!  100% more pull at over 4000RPM and I have not noticed any difference in MPG but - I am only a low mileage user and don't really take to much notice.  They have got rid of the flat spot that I had on mine at about 3250RPM and have saved approx 12kilos!
life is for living