Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Starting issues 2009 650
« Last post by mr_diver on Today at 16:42:38 »
My Money is on a battery being past it's best.
As has been said, anything below 2.4 volts, either needs to be charged if it's been stood for a while or a sign it's dyeing.
My guess would be if you read the voltage while hitting the starter, the voltage will likely drop into 10v  or under. - eg a battery cell failed.

MDS Batteries have been my go to place online for various batteries for years.
Often cheaper inc postage than the local places are to pick it up.

But I also pick up Motobatt batteries from M&P's as they're local and will price match 
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What have you done today
« Last post by mr_diver on Today at 16:36:30 »
Today I started by cleaning and sorting the utility room, all the fishing gear and tools and bike gear are all nicely organised  :shrug:

I then set about doing a service and steering wheel squib change on SWMBO's Quashqui.
Service was all good apart from all the bodywork pop clips that hold the under-tray on all fell to pieces.
Luckily Nissan fitted a couple a of pointless in fill panels in the engine bay, yes infill panels, not covering anything, just to neaten up the engine bay  :shock: - well they were pinned in place with the same 8mm pop clips I needed for the under tray  :fix:
Ordered a bag of 50 from Amazon, as I'm likely to need more next service and there should be 6 holding the under tray not 4 anyway.

The Squib change didn't go so well, got the airbag off the wheel, all controls and panels off.
You need to swap the steering wheel position sensor over to the new squib on the aftermarket ones, but the Nissan one is over £250 but the parts place have supplied the wrong one and the sensor tabs don't line up  :angry-banghead:

All back together with the original squib and I'm going to console myself with a calzone from the local pizza place  :happydance:

Gert,
That spring looks firmer to me, although I'm no expert at guessing spring firminess. Although if it's offa 1000 I spose it would be.
Is this an accepted update or are you a trendsetter.
On my old BeaST I found fitting the ABS rear damper unit gave much better ride and handling. It was beefed up by Honda to cope with ABS duties.
Good work fella.
Upt.
Yes, the ones I linked to are probably all the same. I paid £28 with VAT (I think they said about £22-23 before checkout as Aliexpress adds VAT after you check out).

I've had a good look at them and they seem really well sealed, I toyed with the idea of adding a "DRL" type low powered LED to the lamp but couldn't see how to get it apart without breaking something, so gave up!
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Asmith61 on Today at 16:02:32 »
Was the last straw
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What have you done today
« Last post by The Doctor 46 on Today at 15:52:07 »
When I was in the army (a lifetime ago) I realised that if the enemy had found a chemical to destroy duct tape and bungees they could wipe out the British army.   :thumb:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: If only........
« Last post by The Doctor 46 on Today at 15:48:15 »
I wouldn't let a girl work on my bike. She forgot to replace the mirrors! Seriously though, if anybody can give me her contact details please, I want to propose. She's too young for a sexual relationship, I'm getting on a bit but I'll promise to love her and she would be welcome to my inheritance (£2.50), I love her already.  :bow-blue:

Reminds me of the time when I put my ZX10 back together but was left with a little bracket and had no idea where it went. My ex wife brought me a cup of tea, asked what the confused look was all about then showed me in about 10 seconds where the bracket was from.

I should have asked her to work on the bike in the future while I made the tea.  :thumb:

Thank you for posting though you have just distracted me from the Man City/ Arsenal ladies match. They can play football too!  :bow-blue:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: If only........
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on Today at 15:28:40 »
She did. It'll be fine.
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 15:19:14 »
a paper straw that
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Starting issues 2009 650
« Last post by Plainemu on Today at 15:06:20 »
New battery on order so will keep you all posted . Thanks for the reply’s much appreciated
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10