Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Pillion advice
« Last post by mr_diver on March 28, 2024, 10:08:06 »
I agree with Mick, Jen was a decent pillion before getting her own bike, after ridding the 125cc for a couple of months I'd hardly notice her on the back.

Last August's meet was the first time she'd been pillion on a long ride for some time, I don't think it slowed me down leading the group, but I did realise how quiet it was riding on my own. lol

Saying that intercoms make a big difference - you can chat, but your pillion can also easily tell you they want to move around, needs a pee, stretch the legs ect. - all adds to the comfort for them knowing they can tell you they want something.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: What was your 2023 mileage?
« Last post by Ray1965 on March 28, 2024, 09:39:56 »
I didn't own a wee in 2023, but I put up roughly 8500 miles on a GS and I toured Wales for a week on my CX650c accumulating about 1400 miles.
« Last post by Phild on March 28, 2024, 08:50:06 »
My wife’s name was Deb….never Debbie! Deb or Debra….and a Taff to boot!🫣

She never went as a pillion again.

She toured all over Europe following me….. her sense of direction was dreadful, so never complained at being tail end Charlie.😁
« Last post by Barbel Mick on March 28, 2024, 08:38:35 »
Phil, we were the other way. Deb has had a full licence for years & owned a few motorcycles, then after a break of a  few years she thought she'd have another go, but after riding my bike a few times she had lost confidence & decided just riding pillion was the way to go.
It's something I couldn't do, you need a lot of confidence in the rider, but I think the fact she did ride herself makes her a better pillion.  :)
« Last post by mr_diver on March 28, 2024, 08:37:22 »
My wife used to go pillion a lot before she got her own 125cc bike.

She would just sit, leaned slightly on the top box and tuck her thumbs into the belly band on my jacket.
If we were doing a fast sweeping road, she'd hold on firmly to the grab rail, not because she felt scared, she raid she was more firmly connected and it felt more like a roller coaster  :auto-dirtbike:

She fell asleep a few times when we were doing long runs, but there was one time we both fell asleep coming back from Scotland...  :shock:
Slightly more of a problem particularly as I was slowing to walking speed coming up to the stopping point on the motorway exit when she woke up and kicked her leg out, unbalancing the bike.
It wasn't long after she decided she was going to do her bike test and get a bigger bike.
She now has a muscle bike that a fair bit bigger than mine.
« Last post by Phild on March 28, 2024, 07:23:44 »
My wife used to fall asleep on the back with me.

One day she decided she had had enough of being on the back and learnt to ride herself. She passed her test when she was 40, and had her own bike.👍
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Odometer not working.
« Last post by Gert on March 28, 2024, 06:35:28 »
If it is that someone did change a setting, I wonder whether is not perhaps the same or similar to that discussed in https://www.stromtrooper.com/threads/odometer-blank-rest-of-cluster-working.442120/ ?
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by 2112 on March 28, 2024, 06:23:09 »
On the flip side, Chinese bikes are getting less & less Chinese. To make them more 'acceptable' for the global market they are using Marzocchi suspension, Sachs suspension, KYB suspension, Showa suspension, Brembo/ByBre brakes, Nissin brakes, Bosch fuel injection, Pirelli tyres etc, etc.
Traitors Corner / Re: What have you done with your bike today?
« Last post by 2112 on March 28, 2024, 06:17:02 »
Wow, 269,000 miles. It's unusual to see a Guzzi that's properly run in! I was told when I bought my 850 Le Mans 3 back in 1986 that it would need around 30,000 miles to run in properly, another 30,000 to settle in and would then run as sweet as a nut for the next 100,000 miles! It certainly got better with miles but the original buyer wanted it back off me and made an offer I couldn't refuse... He's still got it and it still runs well and is immaculate.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by nigel s on March 28, 2024, 05:03:22 »
Don't forget all those small custom builders.
I did some work for Hawg Haven on this show winner.I made the fiberglass false fuel tank,the real one sits inside.
It had electronic suspension and no stands ,just ride up press a button and it lowers onto the bellypan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10