Author Topic: It's Grim up North? Two day North and border tour Two DL1000s a pair of Stroms  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
The North! Open space, open roads (until you get to the Dales and Lakes) , great views fantastic ride. We did this last weekend, stayed at the Brown Horse Hotel at Tow Law, City Durham. This hotel would make a great base for a group weekend of riding, food and a few beers.
Hope you enjoy the video as much as we did riding in it!

Cheers  :thumb: RR

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
Great video thanks for sharing  :text-goodpost:

Offline pichulec

• Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Thank you for lovely video. Great selection of music, amazing views and roads, something what tigers like the best :D I am going to Wales this weekend so I will post some video as well. Keep it going :)  Subscribed ;)

Offline Roadrocket

:ty:  I think for all out riding and getting away into the open space, you cannot beat Durham and Northumberland. Love riding up there. Safe travels  :thumb:

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
Sorry to disagree, but I got 5 seconds in and the thumping music already put me off going any further. Just not to everyone's taste and there's a million other bike videos without. If your intended audience are frustrated Ibiza clubbers then all is well & good luck with the channel.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline TStyx

• Bike: DL650 K6
Really liked the video, I recognised lots of places as I live in the north east and then was surprised you missed some out but including everything would make it two hours long I guess.

+1 on not liking the music, each to their own I suppose.

Offline Keith60

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, Honda TRX 500FA ATV
Great video, terrible head banging  :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: music stopped me watching it all the way through!!  Shame.
Never too old to ride!

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
Mute button  :shrug:
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
We'd moved on from watching silent films in this modern age - maybe I should hire a pianist to play alongside, or just watch others that don't sound live a rave.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
Other music is available from various sources, but music wouldn't stop me watching a video of interest.
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23

Offline Roadrocket

Regarding the music, quite simple really. Just press the mute button. Or play your own music against it. I don't get paid for entertaining you. I like it, its what I listen to when I ride. If you don't get it, you won't understand. I've put it together and I'm not really bothered to be honest if people don't like it. I do and I know others do too. If you think that's hardcore ibiza lol! Each to their own. I don't try to please everyone. As for the route.. we deliberately avoided the popular areas. We enjoyed it that's all that matters and that is all folks!  :thumb:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.” Or so said the fifteenth-century monk and poet, John Lydgate.

He knew.

I really enjoyed the video. The music, meh. As others have said, use the mute button.

Thank you so much for taking YOUR TIME and sharing with us. I've only recently discovered the glory of the North Pennines, the B6277, B6306 and the B6278 in particular.

To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline endintears

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
Great video and no problem with the music (and I'm 63 :shrug:) would be good to meet up again.
When I joined the forum :old: you were one of the most active ride out organisers :thumb:

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
On bike videos I'd much rather listen to the engine/exhaust noise than music, a bit of commentary from the rider when needed, but anyway to each their own,I'll watch it on mute!!

Offline Mep

• Bike: DL1000GT K8
Thanks. I enjoyed that. Some great flowing & empty roads. I've only managed to get up North twice by bike. Both were during Scotland trips and only included in total 3 days riding through some of those places in your trip. I didn't mid the music. I've just switched to the exhaust soundtrack on my videos, which I'll upload soon.

Offline Roadrocket

Great video and no problem with the music (and I'm 63 :shrug:) would be good to meet up again.
When I joined the forum :old: you were one of the most active ride out organisers :thumb:

We are riding tomorrow over the Dales quick touch of the Lakes and back east over the North Pennines, more than welcome to join us. It's a ride I have organised via Facebook group. I really do need to remember to log into this forum and post the details here.

Offline Roadrocket

On bike videos I'd much rather listen to the engine/exhaust noise than music, a bit of commentary from the rider when needed, but anyway to each their own,I'll watch it on mute!!
Above 20mph the only noise the mic picks up is Wind. I like the POV on my helmet. If I took the music off it would be very loud whistling from air noise or if I took the audio out..silience. I do occasionally do commentaries.

Offline Froglodyte

• Bike: DL650X L0, Yamaha FJR1300A
I have exactly the same problem with my cameras. That's why I always add music suitable as possible to the scenery. I get brassed off with some Vloggers waffling on into their mics just to fill in the gaps.