V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

Givi Luggage

(1/3) > >>

DOG:
I'm thinking about fitting Givi pannier rails
 to my '21, 1050 XT. Probably PLO3118CAM.
Does anyone have these fitted already and any views - good or bad ?
I already have Givi boxes hence Givi rails.
FWIW I quite like the bike and had a  2013 650 a few years back.

deecat:
I had them fitted to my 2023 1050 and they worked fine, with my Canyon bags or some E22 I use. I will be having a go at cutting and welding them to fit my 800RE as Givi only make them for panniers with a cut out ,which I do not have or want.
I have the the quick release system which lets me leave the rails off when not needed.

purplebikeunicorn:
deecat - is that because the exhaust is located differently on the 800? Definitely post pictures, I love a good project

deecat:
Yes the exhaust is the issue, the top two mounts from the 1050 are the same centres as the 800 so I fitted them to have a look.

For me my Canyon bags sit a bit to close so I might end up raising the exhaust side by about 30mm.
This should allow me to keep the bags closer to the bike,unlike the Givi 800 ones will.

The other two fixing points are well out,so it will require some fabrication. The brackets that fit to the foot pegs with two bolts,are going to need to be moved out a hole to allow the Givi fixing to lock in and miss the foot peg bracket.

I have an after market end can that I took off the 1050 and this will fit I just need to look at some of the link pipe covers available to cover the lugs left on the standard pipe when the black shield is taken off.

I might get away with not having to raise the rail if I use the after market can,but I like the option to change back to standard.
This is not something I am in a rush to do as we are going on Holiday soon and not on the bike for a change.

Ray1965:
If you're buying the CAM rack I presume that your existing boxes are Givi Trekker Outback as the CAM rack is not compatible with the Givi Alaska or Dolomiti boxes. The CAM rack has a four point mounting system which only work with the Trekker Outback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version