Author Topic: My new tall screen  (Read 1986 times)

Anonymous

My new tall screen
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:40:17 »
Just thought I would post this up, it's one of the £38 screens from ebay, 4.5 inches taller and a couple of inches wider than the standard although you can ask for different measurements.

Got it on a standard mount (thanks to Piglumps!) for now, had to use some spacers to get the clearance for the mirrors  as you can see from the pics it's very tight!  Screen works perfectly up to about 60 (visor up with no problems at all) and after that the buffeting arrives and gets quite bad.  It is better if I duck and lean into the screen so I think I might have to save up for the madstad to get some more adjustment options.

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
Re: My new tall screen
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 13:12:09 »
Looks good for the money . The Madstad is worth it , I've got one with the standard screen and works great , but if your tall that screen + the Madstad might be the answer..

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 13:21:32 »
I'm 6'6 so certainly on the tall side, having said that it's a perfect commuter for me at the moment because all the roads I go on to work are 40mph bar about a minute stretch on a dual carriageway.

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 14:26:45 »
Glad to be of help and that progress is being made. Mirror extenders (I popped into GM Stevens www.nutz4bikes.co.uk ) and got mine, they made a further small improvement to buffetting for me and will also allow more adjustment before the mirrors foul the screen...
No bike at present.......

Offline Countrysailor

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 15:23:22 »
Hi Nick, I have one of these on Madstat and find it perfect for me. Raining, put it full up, not going to be doing a ton in the wet anyways, sunny, drop it down and I had no bother with a return journey the full length of the M4. I think these screens represent good value compared to the cost of others.
Keep it between the ditches...