Author Topic: FS: DL-650-X on a 58 plate.....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Dr.Jekyll

FS: DL-650-X on a 58 plate.....
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:48:04 »
FOR SALE: DL-650 V-Strom K7 first registered on the 4th November 2008 (58 Plate) and owned by me from new. Full dealer service history, with 8737 miles on the clock. As the bike is less than 2 years old it is still under Suzuki warranty until November this year.

A little about the bike and me…. Well I bought this bike to replace a BMW F650 that I had and it has been a lovely bike to own and ride. I have had no mechanical problems at all with bike, only reason for sale is that I am moving on from “adventure bikes” and off to motorcycling pastures new.

This bike is not your average DL-650X, it has been set up and used for “adventure riding” what ever that cliché is supposed to mean. This bike has only been used for expeditions, not commuting and only used on tours, I fly to work (I work in the oil industry and can’t commute over water on any motorbike!). As such I have spent £650 on extras from the likes of Touratech but only on the extras that do something, not just bike bling-bling. A full list of extra can be found below.

I am lucky man; I took this bike with me to North America riding from Calgary in Canada to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Not many bikes you will find in the UK can say that. I even have a service sticker in the book from Fairbanks in Alaska. I have cleaned all the dirt off the bike and underneath it is in good condition the ACF-50 having done its job nicely. But don’t expect it to look like all the “never seen rain, washed every Sunday never been dropped, never seen life, never been anywhere, boring, boring, boring” bikes that most people think motorbikes should be. My bike has been laid down on the gravel roads of Alaska  (my foot gave way when stopping for a pee), but no damage was done – none – nothing.  There are a few marks on the tank for the tank bag but again, this is a real bike, used in some places that most poor Wee-Stroms that only ever go up and down the A5 can only dream of. The panniers have the dents and stickers to prove it!

Price: I don’t know how much this is work with all the extras - possibly around the £3750 mark I don’t know, hence my post asking about the book value in the general section.

The bike is in Cardiff, I am in the Sahara Desert whilst writing this (working again) but I can e-mail pictures if required. Let me know if you are interested as I am back next week if you want to cone and view it.

Extra Equipment on bike:

Wirth Fork Springs Touratech Part No: -01-040-0493-0 .......................£90.64
Touratech Luggage Rack Part No. -01-390-0160-0 .............................£49.35
Touratech Kick Stand Extenda Part No -01-390-0168-0 ........................£20.15
Eastern Beaver Power Centre 8 (PC8) for V-Strom .............................£60.12
Cymarc Radiator Cover (high air flow) ...........................................£47.99
Cymarc Heavy Duty chain guard (unique to this bike) ..........................£37.99
RoMatech oil radiator cover .......................................................£29.60
Auxiliary LED lights and custom mounts..........................................£20.00
Alloy panniers, reinforced and sealed ...........................................£180.00
Givi pannier rails/rack mounts.................................................... £90.00
12 volt power socket ...............................................................£15.00
Custom made real sheepskin seat cover .........................................£30.00

Also included but not on bike:
RoMatech radiator guard                            £44.50
Original plastic chain guard               ------
Tool Kit                     ------

Offline Lawrence

Re: FS: DL-650-X on a 58 plate.....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 20:14:33 »
Hi I'm interested in your bike.
Can you tell doe's it have abs also heated grips and when are you back.
I would be coming over from France flying into Gatwick.
Lawrence
Lawrence
To Infinity and Beyond

Offline Dr.Jekyll

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 22:00:55 »
quote="Lawrence"]

Hi I'm interested in your bike. Can you tell doe's it have abs also heated grips
Sorry No - you never need heated grips anyway???  I am prefer to "man-up-a-bit".

and when are you back.
Next week

I would be coming over from France flying into Gatwick.
That's nice for you.... :clap:

No seriously, if you would like more images/questions answered give me you email.

Dr.J

Offline Dr.Jekyll

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 19:34:50 »
SOLD: I have stripped the bike down of all its extra's from Touratech etc. and have sold the base bike on. I will be listing the parts that are for sale later in the week.

Thanks.

Dr.J.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 20:20:38 »
First dibs on the LED Lights and Mounts please  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Dr.Jekyll

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 21:02:32 »
Quote from: "Andy V-Strom"
First dibs on the LED Lights and Mounts please  :thumb:

:thumb: