Author Topic: Long awaited 650cc topbox adaptor plate!  (Read 5583 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Re: Long awaited 650cc topbox adaptor plate!
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2010, 11:31:28 »
Funny man.

Robby? North of the river? Purchased a chainguard from me ages ago? Didn`t it fail due to the additonal off roading you were doing or something like that?

You dropped it off at my factory, remember?

If so, I made a specially reinforced one just for you as a replacement shortly thereafter - it`s in a bag with `For that dodgy geezer Rob who can`t drink like a man` written on it! It`s been there for ages, I thought you had forgotten about it!

It`s free mate, if any extra cost might have concerned you? owt which ain't right or won`t last and comes from me is always replaced FOC regardless of the reason so COME AND GET IT  :grin:  or do you want me to post it to you?

Anyway, so far so good with the testing, going to cook lunch on the bbq shortly and report back............
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline robby

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2010, 11:37:48 »
I'll pick it up when I come for my £8 bbq matey :neen:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2010, 11:50:17 »
£8 my arse  lol

I am uber busy next week so mail me and we`ll sort out a date eh?
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline raggydan

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2010, 12:01:12 »
Quote from: "cymarceng"
£8 my arse  lol

blimey you'd make a fortune around Soho

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 12:21:55 »
To all, the adaptor plate is finally up for sale! You can see it and buy it if you wish at my ecommerce site at www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Knock yourselves out  :thumb:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Getting your 10% forum discount
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2010, 13:53:53 »
A member mailed me asking how to get the discount as he intends to purchase some of my Tackle of Lurve, here is the reply for one and all!

Add up what you want and take 10% off. Leave the postage as it is as I can’t do `owt about that nor do I want to because it`s a right pain in the arse having to stand in a queue and any left over goes towards wine.

Paypal me on www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 18:13:25 »
Another one for the top box adapter plate!  Looks great :thumb:
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 13:38:28 »
Mark,

Just wanted to let you know that mine arrived yesterday and that I'm very impressed. :thumb:

I tried to fit it today and the 2 fasteners that hold the locking device on to the plate decided to round out, so I am going to have to sort that before actually getting any further with doing the Mod....... :bawl:

Cheers,

John

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 15:27:11 »
All sorted.... :grin:  :grin:

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 01:06:18 »
Fitted my adapter plate yesterday and it was a piece of cake!  The only swearing fit I had was with the Suzuki rubber buffers, they are a pig to remove, a fine slotted screwdriver and some washing up liquid soon had them out though!  Jen sat on the bike and thought it made a big difference to her comfort, hopefully she'll be back on the bike soon, she's barely comfortable driving since her car crash and still has flashbacks at junctions, just have to give it time.

Before:

Fitted:

After:

Many thanks to Mark for making and shipping it so quickly, It arrived in three business days as promised.   :ty: I would have liked to fit it sooner but I was working near Detroit so it had to wait until the weekend.  I don't know how the Royal Mail can get a package from Scunthorpe to here in three days via regular air mail, but Canada Post can't get a letter fourteen miles in five days!  :crazy:  :crazy:
Mark.

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:50 »
The Canadian postal service used to be legendary for it's sloth. Sounds like not much has changed!

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 23:49:54 »
Quote from: "Fatbelly"
The Canadian postal service used to be legendary for it's sloth. Sounds like not much has changed!

lol  lol  lol  Very true!  I think our local post office has my picture up on their wall as I usually go in there just to complain about their "service".  Uh-oh, I feel a rant coming on, I'd better stop typing!  :shock:
Mark.