Author Topic: Hello.... I've put some video on my website...  (Read 960 times)

Offline Artyman

• Bike: 2014 DL1000 & Yamaha 250
Hello.... I've put some video on my website...
« on: September 21, 2022, 20:35:25 »
Hello everyone. The past year had been quite busy for me. Besides a marriage breakup (last year) and then trying to establish a new life for myself, I've also had a manic year work-wise, as well as trying to fit in lots of touring on the mighty Strom.

In May I took three weeks out to ride around England and Wales and then at the back end of June I took a week out to ride around Scotland - despite the midges.

On the 31st of August I caught the ferry from Hull over the Holland and headed East. I did Germany, Sweden and at the moment I'm in Poland. On Friday I'm heading down to Prague. After that I don't know, its either Austria or Germany but as the weather is starting to get a bit nippy - probably Germany as that seems the warmest at the moment. I'm coming back on the 31st of October...

Anyway, I really don't know how to post video on here so I think the easiest thing to do is visit my website, and if you open the journal page you will find some video - if you're sad enough to be into that kind of thing...

omob.uk
Never let your karma run over your dogma...

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Hello.... I've put some video on my website...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 20:46:43 »
If you want to post video, upload to YouTube and add the link in your post  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 23:36:03 »
Just wondering if the 'standard' petrol in Poland still gives the V-Twin hiccoughs.
Back in 2006 I crossed through the Tatras Mts to Krakow the cheap unleaded had me thinking something was up with my SV650 (what a thought!)
Go easy on the vodka with a piece of grass in it. I just recall sitting on a park bench outside the city walls of Krakow next to a strategically placed rubbish bin after a long session in some underground boozer...not happy.. :roll:
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey

Offline Artyman

• Bike: 2014 DL1000 & Yamaha 250
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 22:46:09 »
The fuel in Poland was just fine. The same as in the Czech Republic. Fuel was about £1.10 a litre in Poland and about 95p to £1.05 in the CR. Well impressed. The fuel in Sweden was even cheaper than the UK. Go figure that one out...!

The Strom run like clockwork thoughout the whole 6229 miles. It never hiccuped or farted once and I used the cheapest fuel I could find. The biggest issue I had about fuel was finding meths for my stove. I eventually found some and could carry on cooking - if your'e in Germany just go to a DIY store...! 
Never let your karma run over your dogma...