Author Topic: 1050 Delkevic/Black Widow cans  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Doonhamer

• Bike: Suzuki DL 1050
1050 Delkevic/Black Widow cans
« on: July 27, 2021, 19:17:30 »
Hello blokes, Thinking of changing the can on my 1050 for something that’s better looking and a little more fruity in the sound department. Don’t want to spend a fortune and I don’t want anything that’s ear splitting loud. Both Delkevic and Black Widow have some nice looking cans at reasonable money so have any 1050 owners tried either of them and if so have you had any running or fitting issues with them?

Offline Valves

• Bike: ex-DL1000A L5 & NT1100A
Re: 1050 Delkevic/Black Widow cans
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 17:12:07 »
Not on a 1050 but the Black Widow on my 2015 AL4 is pretty good. The noise is higher but sounds nice. You have to use exhaust paste to assemble (provided) - there is no gasket at the join to the link pipe - which can look a bit messy when it comes out around the joints but overall for the price I am impressed. I have the long version as I have luggage fitted.
p.s. the baffle absolutely 'strangles' the output so will only fit it for MOT's.
p.p.s I did notice a little improved pick-up on accelaration upto 4,000RPM, which is nice also. 
You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)

Offline rikpward

• Bike: DL1050XT, Moto Morini 350 Strada, Buell XB9R Firebolt, Yamaha MT09
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 15:22:47 »
Rule Black Widow out due to noise. Fuel gets a few mentions and from what I understand it adds fruity without nuts

Offline Doonhamer

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 08:22:14 »
p.s. the baffle absolutely 'strangles' the output so will only fit it for MOT's.

When you say the baffle strangles the output do you mean the noise or power?

Offline Doonhamer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 08:29:04 »
I finally decided to take a chance on one of Black Widows cans as I liked the look and price. Quick delivery, well packaged and easy to fit. I've only tried it with the baffle in and it's a little louder than standard but nothing to annoy the neighbours with. The bike runs fine with no flat spots and seems to pick up and rev out a little more freely. Very happy with my choice so far.

Offline Dazzarati

• Drop a gear and disappear
  • Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 10:23:00 »
 :text-bravo:
Looks good follows the line of the bike well.
Will you be trying it with the baffle out?
Some times I only go there so I can come back.

Dazzarati...........🏍💨

Offline Doonhamer

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 18:22:44 »
I think it would be rude not to give it a go without the baffle🙂 Will report back once I’ve tried it and try and upload a video.

Offline Valves

• Bike: ex-DL1000A L5 & NT1100A
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 21:29:56 »
When you say the baffle strangles the output do you mean the noise or power?
The baffle is blunt/flat ended, not good - needs a hole drilled through it, or left out altogether
You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)

Offline Dazzarati

• Drop a gear and disappear
  • Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 10:29:22 »
I really like the black widow can. I shortened the mid pipe so it sits a little lower and purchased a cheap heat shield of ebay.
I run it with the baffle out and like the sound, Idon't think it's over bearing. It now has a nicer noise that suits the bike well. I agree with previous comments about the baffle choking it up and can say I have had no issues. Very easy to fit
Some times I only go there so I can come back.

Dazzarati...........🏍💨

Offline Doonhamer

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 23:03:16 »
I really like the black widow can. I shortened the mid pipe so it sits a little lower and purchased a cheap heat shield of ebay.
I run it with the baffle out and like the sound, Idon't think it's over bearing. It now has a nicer noise that suits the bike well. I agree with previous comments about the baffle choking it up and can say I have had no issues. Very easy to fit

I was thinking of shortening the link pipe as well. How much did you take of yours and have you got a pic of the finished article?