Author Topic: Any long term users of Castrol fully synthetic oil?  (Read 4903 times)

Offline thebigcheese

Any long term users of Castrol fully synthetic oil?
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:14:55 »
thought I would bring up this debate again. anyone used the stuff from tesco's and reported any problems, going away to europe on 3rd june and don't want any problems. esp since a Suzuki mechanice to use strictly semi synthetic since fully can cause problems.
bikeless

Offline longman

Re: Any long term users of Castrol fully synthetic oil?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 14:36:06 »
I have done about 9000 miles on this oil. I used it before it turned up at Tesco. I bought 9 bottles. No problems at all. Engine doesn't take any oil or not enough for me to notice and I never had to put any extra oil in between the services. I service my bike every 4k miles and never had a problem.
When I bought my bike it had 5k miles on it. I put fully synthetic oil in. All together I have done 17000 worry free miles on fully synth.
Longman

For some heaven is only 10 feet up.
Suzuki DL650 K5
Suzuki DR-Z400SM K7

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 21:11:57 »
Just looking at a thread on the Reporting of milky oil through the site glass, anyone mentioned which oil they are using!!!! I am using semi synth until the bike has done more miles, no milky sightings.  :shrug:

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 21:18:39 »
Quote from: "skinny5216"
Just looking at a thread on the Reporting of milky oil through the site glass, anyone mentioned which oil they are using!!!! I am using semi synth until the bike has done more miles, no milky sightings.  :shrug:
it will come, but more so if only doing short journeys in the cold

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 13:39:51 »

That's no problem , it's just due to condensation , they found that out later on in the thread. If you run your bike for a long run , it goes away.

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 18:16:16 »
Quote from: "jimbo8098"

That's no problem , it's just due to condensation , they found that out later on in the thread. If you run your bike for a long run , it goes away.

Is it just stroms, never heard of this problem with any other bike I have had  :shrug:

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 18:41:36 »
It will happen to most engines in cold conditions and short journeys ..

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 19:12:41 »
All of my bikes have done it, cars too in winter, obviously no sight glass but you get emulsification around the inside of the oil filler cap..

It's nothing to worry about, unless you're using water of course..

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 19:16:10 »
my 900 diversion was a git for milking up. give it a nice long run in the warm then remove the filler cap until it cools and should be fine.

PS. don't forget to put the plug back in though