Author Topic: Catch 22 from Mytyres.co.uk  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Mystrom

• Bike: DL650A L7
Catch 22 from Mytyres.co.uk
« on: January 29, 2019, 17:53:04 »
I am having an appealing time trying to deal with mytyres.co.uk. I ordered a pair of tyres on 19 Jan. The rear was dispatched on 21 Jan so phoned to see why no front. Told it was in stock and would be dispatched that day. After several phone calls and different answers each time I phoned on 25 Jan and established that there was no stock of the tyre and asked for the order to be cancelled and my money back. I was told that would happen that day.
It’s now the 29 Jan, no refund but an email saying tyre is out for delivery except that I phoned today and was told: no stock so nothing to deliver but I can’t get a refund because the system only gives refund on return of tyre.
So I’m waiting for the delivery of a tyre that doesn’t exist so I can send the nonexistent tyre back and get my refund.
Apparently there is no manager or supervisor who can sort this out.
Oh! and MyTyres.co.uk is not in Oxfordshire as their business address says but based in Germany.
I suggest you consider above if you are ever tempted to use mytyres.
MyStrom
Goodness me, is that the time?

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
Re: Catch 22 from Mytyres.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 17:57:11 »
Sounds appalling, not appealing. Email them "I am returning this tyre because it has no tread, sidewall or bead.Please refund accordingly."

Online mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: Catch 22 from Mytyres.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 20:50:54 »
oponeo.co.uk is exactly the same with regard to location.

There is a UK office, but that office is in Germany with someone who speaks English and answers the phone as Oponeo.co.UK

I've used both oponeo and black circles and never had an issue. My tyres gets mixed reviews id you ask around online.

Ride Coordinator