Author Topic: More washing machine fun  (Read 653 times)

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
More washing machine fun
« on: July 04, 2013, 17:42:53 »
Hoover washing machine was very loud on spin, sounded almost like an off-centre or overfull load. Or as if not pumping enough water out before trying to spin. Checked the pump filter, no problem. Took the pump hose off the inlet side, found a 50p which was possibly stopping some water getting out before spinning. Belt looks fine, pulley arms, belt, bolts in concrete, suspension, bearings all seemed very good. Started to put it back under the worktop, checked for power, all OK. Got the b***ard into position, no lights, no power. 13A fuse checked, socket checked, just no power to machine. Any ideas? Do they have an internal fuse, or trip/tilt switch or anything? She's giving me that "why didn't you just get a man in" look, and I don't think I'll even get to keep the 50p at this rate.
Time for a beer, then...

(Ten minutes later..)

Right, it's looking like the door interlock switch. Blew some air in with my track pump, and it's lighting intermittently. Looks like it got wet when I laid the machine down. Have to wait till it dries out to see if I get the ten bob! Anybody else have owt similar? (Time for another beer while it dries out, methinks)